Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

2 posters

Shark Hunt [Mission]

Ann Yuki
    Ann Yuki

Village : Kirigakure
    Clan : Yuki/Tetsudashi

Shark Hunt [Mission] Empty Shark Hunt [Mission]

Post by Ann Yuki Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:48 am

Continuing from this:

https://gladiusrp.forumotion.com/t3628-shark-hunt-mission#28480

Which has 4 posts by Ann and 4 posts by Chi, totalling 80 exp each.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ann smiled. The Hozuki could turn their bodies into water? That seemed like a convenient ability, but a terrible match to team up with a Yuki who couldn't fully control her abilities. Ann could certainly sympathize more with Chigetsu now.

She leaped from the wall to the sand, landing on a soft layer of snow and taking in a deep breathe. She didn't feel cold, but the the fresh air and the salty sea breeze improved her mood a little. she'd glance back at Chigetsu. "You're right. The mission report said the sharks were able to bite through steel, so a boat is a pretty bad idea. But you're comfortable in water, right? Let's gon then."

The Yuki would take steps towards the water line. Since she had been the first to land on the beach she called dibs on picking her spot. This was also better because Chigetsu would be able to put as much space between them as she felt comfortable with. Ann would crouch by the shore the place her hand on the water, creating an ice pathway and then walking over it, which would take her about 20 meters into the sea. It didn't take long before fins began to appear around her. The beach was empty and these creatures must've been looking for a snack, clearly.
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Clan : Hōzuki
    Discord Tag : Lithium#2476

Shark Hunt [Mission] Empty Re: Shark Hunt [Mission]

Post by Chigetsu Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:49 pm

“Bite through steel?” It was hard to believe there were sharks capable of something like that, but in this crazy world maybe that was just par for the course. The words would be repeated under his breath in surprise, but it was an emotion he would quickly shake off. Even if they could bite through steel it wouldn’t be an issue for him. Ann was the biggest threat to him in a mission like this, in all honesty. Ann’s safety would be the biggest concern. If she would be in any sort of danger Chi wouldn’t really be able to help.

“Water is fine. I’m at my best when in water.” Chigetsu set off with Ann, making their way to the water side. A good ten meters were kept between the two at all times, with Chigetsu following at the rear. While Ann made an ice pathway with her natural Yuki abilities, Chigetsu would simply just walk on the water, using basic chakra control to adapt to the shifting currents and propel themselves above the surface.

“I’m worried though…” He would have to sort of shout for her to hear him at this distance. “If you get in trouble with the sharks I don’t know if I’ll be able to really help you. Do you think you’ll be okay?”
    Ann Yuki
    Ann Yuki

Post by Ann Yuki Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:24 pm

Ann was glad to see Chigetsu following her lead towards the beach. She seemed a bit worried about the abilities of these sharks and frankly Ann was too. Regular sharks should not be able to easily bite through wood, much less through steel. This fact led Ann to the conclusions that these simply could not be normal sharks. Perhaps they had been trained by ninjas? That made the whole issue a lot more worrisome.

The Yuki was standing on her ice platform, lost in thought when she heard Chigetsu calling for her. Due to the wind picking up at sea, she was not able to understand her words, but Ann turned to her nonetheless and waved her arm to indicate everything was okay. It was at this moment that a large shark jumped from behind Ann, biting her arm and knocking her off the platform, dragging her towards the deep end of the sea.

Shark Hunt [Mission] ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FSAvH5eU

Her kunoichi reflexes only allowed her to activate her steel release armor and create a layer of white steel in her arm to prevent it from taking damage. Luckily, Tetsudashi steel was better than any other kind of metal. Otherwise Ann would have to make use of her one handed seals more often.
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:26 pm

Seeing Ann turn around and begin waving would spark a bit of confusion in Chigetsu. It seemed like she couldn’t hear from this distance, which made sense. Chigetsu would wave back, a small smile on her face. Maybe she was just worrying too much-

The shark jumping out of the water and snatching Ann up in its jaws would cause Chigetsu to freeze in place. It dragged her swiftly off the platform and back into the water, before Chigetsu could even react. Ann would be swiftly pulled down into the depths of the water towards the sea. Chigetsu would be left with her jaw hanging open, their facial expression twisted into one of horror.

Quickly Chigetsu would sprint after them, as soon as her heart returned to beating. It would be impossible to follow them above water, and so it would force Chigetsu into diving as soon as it was deep enough. He would go deep into the water, melting into a liquid form to sort of swim in a similar way that a fish would, although melted into a sort of translucent jelly-water. His eyesight would be poor in the water with the movement and natural coloring that the sea had, but he could easily spot the shark and Ann in the sea ahead of him. He would quickly speed forward, intent on catching up with the two of them.
    Ann Yuki
    Ann Yuki

Post by Ann Yuki Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:41 pm

Ann was caught off guard by the treachery of this shark! According to proper samurai etiquette, it was supposed to have shown itself and then properly challenged her to a duel. But it seemed that ninja animals were as rude as ninjas themselves when it came to dirty fighting! It seemed that ann was bound to go for a swim.

The shark carried her around underwater for a bit before she recovered from the shock and managed to do something about it. Thankfully she had managed to hold her breathe so far, but what were her real options? This beast was tough and she wouldn't be able to free herself so easily just by trying to yank her arm out of there.

Si instead, she fully activated her Tetsudashi metal and protruded several white spikes from her arm, penetrating the creature's skull and killing it almost instantly in a move that due to Ann's metal color looked very similar to a Kaguya's bone attack.. But also creating a large pool of blood which would attract more sharks very very soon. Ann on the meantime was trying to figur eout what to do regarding her now 5 times heavier arm that was causing her to sink to the bottom of the sea along with a shark corpse.
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:17 pm

The large pool of blood in the water that spread out from the shark and Ann would instantly make Chi assume the worst. Ann must have been chomped on, torn apart, and turned into shark food. They had only just met, but it filled Chi with a sense of deep and thick dread. Even if Ann had caused that freezing sensation Chi wanted to become friends with her, and to braid her hair one day like they had said together. The wave brushed over Chigetsu’s body, but it didn’t stop their forward assault.

It was only when Chi rushed into the cloud of blood intent on killing the shark and retrieving Ann’s body did he notice that the shark was already dead and that Ann was very much still alive. So close he could feel the chill of Ann’s bloodline, but it didn’t stop him. At least underwater and in the salt water it was slightly mitigated. Unlike him, Ann couldn’t breathe underwater though, and so it resulted in a slight problem for her. Chigetsu, attempting to help, would rush forward and make contact- Even though it was cold he would try to lift her up, helping her to the air.

Unfortunately Chigetsu had puny muscles, and he was completely unable to lift her even in the water now that she was part steel. Infact, with how close they were and how cold Ann’s skin was it only served the purpose of freezing Chi’s hands to her where he touched her, making it impossible for him to easily remove them and essentially attaching himself to the mess even as he struggled to raise her up back to the air.
    Ann Yuki
    Ann Yuki

Post by Ann Yuki Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:29 pm

She could feel the water pressure rising as she and the corpse fell deeper and deeper into the ocean floor. There were a few things she could try, but the attack had been so sudden that she had lost the sense of direction and while she was falling it was hard to tell which side was up or down. The pool of blood that seemed to accompany the corpse didn't help either, making it a lot harder for the Yuki to see anything with her already poor underwater vision. This reminded her it would probably be a good idea to create some ice lenses technique to be able to see underwater...if she survived, that is.

When all seemed lost tho, she felt contact. Was it another shark? No, it was Chi! Clinging to her back, his hands getting frozen but Ann could clearly feel the direction in which he was trying to pull her. Now that the shark was dead, Ann finally released her arm and made a quick set of hand-seals. The Yuki opened her mouth and with the last of her breathe she would ruse the Wind Release: Great Breakthrough technique to propel both herself and Chi backwards towards the direction where Chigetsu had been pulling her for. Soon they would both shoot out of the water surface and find themselves 20 meters in the air.

Trained:
    Wind Release Great Brealkthrough C-rank
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:49 pm

No matter how much Chi pulled at Ann it seemed pointless. She was just too heavy. With how she looked Chigetsu would never have been able to guess it. Chigetsu wasn’t exactly strong or anything, just really average when it came to that sort of stuff, but still he should have been able to pull up Ann in a situation like this. Especially underwater, where everything felt way lighter. She must have been especially dense or there was something else going on here. Maybe her armor? It very likely was weighing her down, but Chigetsu wasn’t about to try and strip her of it in order to save her. The fact that no matter how hard he pulled he couldn’t even remove his hands meant that he wouldn’t have even been able to if he tried.

Unknown to him it seemed that Ann would be taking care of the problem. With some hand seals unbeknownst to him she would release a massive gust of air, propelling them upwards. All at once they would be both shoved into the sky, the water beneath them seeming to disappear. For a few moments they would both be suspended while gravity caught up with what had happened.

“Ann!” He shouted, bewildered. “I thought you were dead! The shark! Are you okay? Did you get hurt?” His eyes would worriedly look down at her, although it was only then that he really noticed how high above the water they were. They would widen for a moment, and in the fresh air now the chill from Ann’s bloodline would return.

“A-Also… I can’t take my hands off you, I mean…” He would twist a bit, trying to pull himself off and away from the girl’s body. The explosion as they hit the water again was something he could already imagine. “My hands are frozen.”
    Ann Yuki
    Ann Yuki

Post by Ann Yuki Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:09 pm

Ann was not able to immediately reply to all of Chigetsu's questions. Instead she was busy breathing in air and filling her lungs and blood with oxygen. That had been way too close, and it would teach Ann a lesson in using armor underwater- it was a bad idea. Luckily they had both been trained as ninjas and found a way out of the situation. But from the frying pan onto the fire they were now in yet another complicated situation!

"Wait, g've me a moment!" She would yell, feeling Chigetsu trying to break free. Ann wasn't sure of how durable her partner was, and a 20 meters fall onto water could be deadly. So she made another set of hand-seals and release the only tecnique she could think of in order to get out of this situation. Suddenly and from the the ice platform she had created earlier a massive white whale erupted towards the duo, and they'd be able to land on it before gaining too much speed. The ice animal had to go up to catch them however, and would then proceed to fall on the water, causing a large wave which would crash against the wall Ann and Chigetsu had been standing on earlier. Luckily there was no real damage, and she even managed to leave a couple of other sharks flip flopping on the sand.

Shark Hunt [Mission] 350?cb=20140830131906

They would thus find themselves on top of an iceberg in the shape of a whale. "Phew, dat was close. Are ye alri-Oh!" She would notice Chigetsu still touching her, and still struggling to release his hands. "Oh I'm s'sorry, wait!" She would protrude a layer of metal from the skin area that Chigetsu was touching, and then spawn a knife which with which she'd carefully cut two holes in her clothing, leaving Chigetsu with his hands attached to a piece of cloth and metal. This left two holes in the back of her shirt, but that was alright.

"Oh, I'm s'sorry, no-OH, it stopped snowing!" In an instant Ann was apologizing again, and in the other she noticed her power was now under control. Perhaps releasing such an amount of ice had helped, perhaps it was just coincidence. Either way the temperature was slowly going up again.
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:11 pm

His eyes would immediately move to track the massive whale that rose up over the two of them. They came here to hunt sharks, but it seemed like they would get whales instead. Rather than anything else they would end up using the whale, which was apparently made of ice, as a platform of sorts. Rather than crashing down back into the water they would hit the whale, which was much close to them and resulted in much less falling due to how it jumped up to meet them. Once they made contact though the whale would lower down, falling back into the water with the whale.

Once settled back down on the ground it would only take a second before Ann cut him free, somehow able to produce a knife from her body and cut the clothing away from where he had been touching. It was unfortunate but necessary. As soon as he was free Chigetsu would back up and clench his hands, and the numb appendages would slowly begin to react. His fingers would be held tight for a few moments while he tried to regain some body heat and get the blood recirculating through everything again.

“Oh geeze, I thought I was going to have to cut off my hands for a little bit, or that I would turn into an icicle or something… I think I’ll be fine, I hope. No frostbite or anything.” Chigetsu would sigh, rubbing his hands against his clothing.

]b]“It did stop snowing… Did you get your powers under control? That's pretty amazing! And the whale too...” [/b]Chigetesu would stare over to her, having shifted into a curled up position on top of the whale. Even if it did stop snowing and the passive aura of frost from her body had reduced the whale they were sitting on was still freezing cold and currently chilling Chigetsu’s butt into an icecube.
    Ann Yuki
    Ann Yuki

Post by Ann Yuki Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:32 am

Ann chuckled at thr thought of seeing Chigetsu turn into an icicle, perhaps being a little insensitive. While they were under stress she did everything she could to make sure Chigetsu was safe, but now that the two of them found themselves on top of a giant ice whale with no sharks in sight she felt like she could decompress a little. "I'm certain ye'd mak'a fine icicle, but we can't allow that now can we?" Every once in a while her accent still made itself present. Mostly in threads where her player didn't completely forget about it.

She'd sit down on the ice and tap the whale a couple of times. "T'nks, she's an old friend. Been awhile s'nce we last hung out." The ice sculpture wasn't alive or anything, but it brought her back some memories. Truth to be told she had completely forgot about this jutsu and couldn't remember the last time she had ever used it. "I wo'ldn't get too'opefull. Tzeh snows come and go. But we sho'ld take tze opportunity to hunt a bit more, no? With all my clumsiness I st'll haven't what ye can do~ Show me?"
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:25 pm

Chigetsu would laugh softly at the joke about becoming an icicle. Even though it was terrifying, and had been terrifying to imagine only a few moments ago, the fact that they were in a relative amount of safety now. Plus, the fact that Ann had an accent that seemed to suddenly develop, without any warning whatsoever. Chigetsu wouldn’t question it, too pleased with the fact that they were still alive and not frozen to Ann anymore. If Ann was able to control her powers then it made it much more feasible and realistic for Chigetsu to be able to work with her, both now and in the future.

But now it was Chigetsu’s turn. There were still more sharks to kill, and he couldn’t just let Ann do all the work. It was time to pull his own weight, something that would be a lot easier now that she wasn’t freezing him just by being so close. Plus, they were in the middle of the ocean. There was plenty for Chigetsu to work with. Standing up now over the top of the whale, Chigetsu would turn to look down into the ocean around them. A few hand sels would be made. Boar, Dog, Horse, and Tiger, in that order. Three massive spiraling streams of water would form in the ocean, deep under the water so that they were initially unseen above water. They would appear shortly after, having speared through three several sharks and drilled massive holes in their torsos that made it so that parts of their organs and cartilage systems were visible. The gore and chunks would fall back into the water afterwards, spreading more blood around them into the ocean.

“That’s good… I forget sometimes how nice it is to have the ocean nearby for using water techniques.” It was something she mused on for a moment as she saw the dead sharks float around on the surface.

Ann Yuki
    Ann Yuki

Post by Ann Yuki Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:50 pm

"Oooh, Interrrresting!" Ann's eyes would widen as she say what Chigetsu did with the sharks and the water. She too could use water techniques but to be honest she wasn't that much of an expert. As expected of an Hozuki Clan member, Chigetsu was able to make the best use of large quantities of water to completely destroy a large amount of sharks in very little time. With her powers now somewhat under control it had also become a lot easier for the two of them to work together. Despite the crazy amount of sharks, both Ann and Chigetsu had large scale jutsus, able to be shot and cause damage from a distance and over a wide area.

In the end, there wasn't just a whale but several blocks of ice around the beach which would surely melt away soon but made the shore look like a glacial beach line. It was an odd sight. But Ann was glad to have met and worked with Chigetsu. Eventually, the mission would be complete and the duo would leave. Maybe they could work together again in the future! Chigetsu was nice, and she still owed Ann some braids. Now that was certainly something to look forward to.

[Exit]

Total of 11 posts counting with the old thread, totalling 220 exp earned.
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:05 pm

She would smile as Ann ‘oooooh’ed. It seemed to be a thing that she did regularly. As someone who could use Ice Release Chigetsu was sure that Ann wasn’t really all that impressed. She could use Water Release too, after all. This was just your typical mid-power water technique too, nothing special or unique. Still, it was really nice to have this sort of praise for little things like this. What Chigetsu did wasn’t at all impressive compared to the massive ice whale that Ann called out from practically nowhere, but still. Each got the job done in different ways, so both were useful.

In the end they would have mostly solved the problem with that initial salvo, having killed an excessive number of sharks and leaving their carcasses and blood spilled across the shallow sea. That was a mess for someone else to clean up though, not for then. Maybe some Genin would have to take care of it, but either way it wouldn’t weigh on Chigetsu. They had done their job.

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:23 pm