Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

2 posters

Random Handouts equal Random Encounters

Copycat
    Copycat

Village : Kirigakure
    Clan : Diabolus
    Discord Tag : Midknights#3182

Random Handouts equal Random Encounters Empty Random Handouts equal Random Encounters

Post by Copycat Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:19 am

'Feelin' Zero? Ask for The Hero!' Grey writes upon the poster-sized parchment within his lap, holding onto a larger-than-norm, exaggerated quill. At the moment, he's just wearing a pair of black track pants and matching shoes, alongside a matching track jacket -- albeit he took it off briefly. Beneath what would've been in the track jacket's place is a gray jacket.

". . . Nah." The Diabolus mutters, crumbling it up. He tosses it aside to the trash can by the bench he's propped up upon. For the most part he's just lingering outside of the district, having been up since dawn preparing flyers for his makeshift 'business'. He'd been doing this for the past few hours by now, and it was starting to become morning time, driven to get it done. In all honesty though, it's much less a business and more so him attempting to do odd jobs to spread his name and get small cash flow going. Missions would help with the latter, too, though those could wait until he establishes himself. At least until he's established some connections.

Still, he wasn't making much progress. So far, he'd already pinned a poster to one of the street poles on the way out of the district, with a rough sketch of his face and the words 'Have errands to run but not enough time? The Hero will do it regardless of the grime!'

Other than that though, he'd been battling with procrastination and uncertainty as to whether he should have more messages. Which leads him where he is now.

He writes a few more, mostly just sifting through ideas as they come. While some end up 'making the cut', so to speak, he still feels uncertain if they'll actually work. He'd just have to have faith, for the most part.

'Need a hand? Ask the man! Put The Hero in your daily plan!' Maybe.

'Whatever troubling errands there may be, The Hero can handle them with glee.' Perhaps.

'Contact the Hero if you're feeling Zero. He'll put you back into Gear-o!' Oh hell no.

"Ngghh I'm getting nowhere with this.." He remarks aloud.
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Clan : Hōzuki
    Discord Tag : Lithium#2476

Random Handouts equal Random Encounters Empty Re: Random Handouts equal Random Encounters

Post by Chigetsu Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:56 pm

“Contact the Hero if you're feeling Zero. He'll put you back into Gear-o?” Chigetsu would read the words written on the sigh aloud, peering dodwn into the poster-sized parchment that sat in the boy’s lap. The strange boy camped outside Kirigakure’s Clan Districts with his posters and quill was a hard thing to miss, although it seemed like Chigetsu was one of the few who actively took notice and decided to investigate. While not overtly odd or unacceptable in itself, curiosity provoked Chigetsu to see exactly what that oversized quill was scribbling. The answer was confusing though, and it made the boy purse his lips.

Chigetsu probably wasn’t someone who should be judging anyone else for being odd though. Just by looking at him it was easy to tell that he was a bit strange, starting with his hair. It was a bright pink, and hung past his neck it was braided into a thick, ropey braid of hair that continued down to his hips. At the end would be a tightly wrapped black bow, matching with the other two would be tied into each side of his head. A solitary locke of paper-white would run down to the left of her face in her bangs, being the one remnant of her natural hair color. He would be dressed in an airy purple and white striped crop top. The shirt freely exposed his navel and belly-button as well, although on top of it would be a warm-looking fluffy purple hooded jacket that contained a variety of seemingly unused pockets.. A similarly simple pair of black thigh-high stockings would run down her legs, only exposing a bit of her thighs between where the socks began and her skirt ended. With his general appearance it was almost impossible to tell Chigetsu apart from a girl.

“Who’s ‘The Hero’? Is that supposed to be you?” He would ask, purple eyes flickering up to the man on the bench. It seemed that Chigetsu had walked up to the boy without him noticing while he was engrossed in thinking up new slogans, peeking down to peep on what was being written.
    Copycat
    Copycat

Random Handouts equal Random Encounters Empty Re: Random Handouts equal Random Encounters

Post by Copycat Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:17 am

If Grey ever had to worry about hearing someone coming, it'd be over for him. Not once did Grey so much as slightly take notice of the Hozuki's arrival. Chigetsu's voice resonating by him causes the proclaimed Hero to freeze midway into writing, sending his body into inadvertent stasis. After a moment, he finds it in himself to rigidly turn his head from makeshift petrification. His stare drifts upright to the pink-haired girl's face, aiming to replace surprise with amusement. "Ah, you caught me off guard there!" He chimes with forced exuberance, letting a big smile manifest upon his features. If he had the coveted ability to spontaneously emit beads of sweat, he'd be a personified dripping faucet.

The inquiry is answered shortly after, though it requires Grey to actually register in his mind that it was brought to attention again. "Yes, it is me! Granted, I still need to work toward the title." He admits, making sure it's clear as day that he isn't representing it in full as of yet. That's only in his dreams. "Who might you be, curious stranger? Someone seeking The Hero's assistance perhaps?" He asks in a whimsical fashion that -- he very quickly starts to judge himself mentally for. 'I wonder if that sounded good. It certainly sounded tacky to me, hnnn...!' He urges in thought. If he didn't have the attention of someone else right now, he probably would've slapped his own cheeks to keep himself focused, or at least away from judging himself.

He briefly retracts the quill from the parchment, just to avoid messing up his poster.. though he may have already. Not that he's noticed. Grey's stare briefly traces the Hozuki's frame, finally noticing the choice of garments. Rather than comment, though, he keeps his gaze upon Chigetsu's. 'Is she a kunoichi? Can't really tell with that clothing.' He muses to himself, not bothering to look for a headband or anything of the like at the moment. He certainly doesn't have his own on at the moment, so he wouldn't be surprised if the circumstance was the same. Right now, though, he can't really confirm anything.
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:54 am

The way that the mysterious young entrepreneur reacted, having himself sent into a moment of mock petrification, would be enough to send Chigetsu into a flurry of giggles. He took a step back as he did, hand raising up to hide his mouth as reveled in that little fit of giggles. The stiffness breaking away to prove that the man hadn’t stiffened himself into concrete would sent another flutter of the laughter over to the pink haired boy, unable to help himself.

“Sorry, sorry! I didn’t mean to scare you. I was just curious.” Once it subsided he would address Grey again, perhaps resetting the moment a bit away from that first moment of shock, although it seemed that grey was quick to roll away from the moment as well. Especially with how smoothly he pivoted into the next moment of whimsy, rattling off another slogan for himself that nearly sent Chigetsu into laughter again. He had to hold it back, lips tight for a moment.

“I like that one a lot! How many of these did you make? Or are you coming up with them on the spot? They were like little jingles, or like a song or something… Ah! My name is Chigetsu! Chi-Get-Suu Who-Zuu-Key” He would pronounce his name phonetically, emphasizing each syllable of it. There was no reason to, but the way that heroboy was all rhymey and full of whimsy in his voice made Chigetsu want to do something too. “It’s nice to meet you, Mister Hero.”

His eyes would flutter over the male again, and his equipment. It was just a momentary pause, but in it he searched for a way to answer the question. Grey had never actually said what it was that he did with that sign, and for a moment he hoped that some equipment that the boy might have had would give it away.

“Uhm…” His search had failed. “I just noticed you writing those signs, and I was curious. Hmm… Well, okay! It could be fun.” Tilting his head, Chigetsu’s braid would shift and fall down to the other side. It was impossible to tell exactly what he was signing up for, but whatever it was probably wouldn’t hurt. Having already gotten this deep into talking with Grey it would have been rude to just outwardly refuse as well.
    Copycat
    Copycat

Post by Copycat Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:58 am

Grey almost buckles toward the idea of statue-ifying once more as it wafts through his conscious at the giggles. He even contemplates whether engaging this entirely was a good move on his end in the first place. Alas, though, he still commits regardless, not enabling this to discourage him from socializing. It's been lonely out here, after all. Hearing his slogans complimented actually surprises him a little, too, considering he's been considering them as tacky. Maybe tacky sells after all, though...

"Quite a few, if I'm being honest! Not too many make the cut, though." Grey points his index to the trash can on that note. Many squished up posters lie within. He's made sure to crumble them from the outside too, making sure that someone would have to uncrumble them to read what's within. He considers it worthwhile extra effort to hopefully dissuade curiosity from something of his own creation. Especially when he considers that something not worthy of the eyes of others.

"Chigetsu, huh? The feeling is mutual, Miss Hozuki." The Diabolus chimes with gusto. He doesn't necessarily bother to state his actual name, at least not for now. Even if he did, he probably wouldn't be forthcoming with his clan name. The last thing he needs is for someone to know he's from the Diabolus. Grey does  indeed lack anything that actually show what he's capable of beit as a member of the military or as just someone who takes odd jobs.

The only thing beyond just his general garments that's obvious, though, is that his right arm is covered from the very fingertips to his shoulder in white gauze. What's even odder about it is that he's shown no signs of difficulty in shifting his right arm. Fortunately, the Hozuki seems more interested in this makeshift business of Grey's rather than well... his personal business. For now anyways.

Grey's subliminal offer is accepted, prompting Grey to chime back in once more. "Gotcha gotcha. Is there anything in particular you need help with, then?" He inquires, maintaining his exuberance. "Ask me anything. The Hero has no qualms with offering his palms!" Something in him curls up in the fetal position on that last remark of his.
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:04 am

“Anything in particular I need help with? Uhhh...” The question was repeated as a question, like some game of telephone. Having not known exactly what the Hero was offering, Chigetsu didn’t have any expectionats. But… He at least expected the Hero to give a run down of it. It seemed that the boy’s business here was unspecific. Just offers for ‘help’. Grey had some charm about him with the signs and stuff, but this now was just starting to feel like a desperate ploy for them to earn some cash doing whatever chores any random passersby needed done, rather than a legitimate business. To an extent Chigetsu didn’t mind parting ways with some money to help him out, but now rather than giggling Chigetsu was just starting to feel sorry for him.

“Let me think for a second! I mean, I didn’t have anything prepared for this.” He would offer out as a delay, to give himself more time to think. That last quip about the palms was actually pretty good too, and it had distracted him. “I mean, I don’t really think I have that many problems. My life is pretty…” He trailed off, slowly freezing in place mid sentence.

There were actually a lot of problems he had.

The relationship he had with his parents was one. All the unresolved tension that came after they discovered he liked to wear women’s clothing all those years ago. He was kicked out, forced to live on his own as a younger teenager. Now his father was dying, and his mother was reaching out again, and he had to resolve all these emotions again. The last two times he had met with his mother she had been left on the verge of tears by the end. He didn’t know how to talk to her.

Then the Chunin Exams. The final round was coming up still, and Chigetsu needed to prepare. He would be fighting against two other potential champions, and the idea of it was hanging over him with more than a little bit of stress. Especially since it coincided around the same time as Calis’s funeral. Calis, who had been Chigetsu’s best friend and primary motivation for entering the exams in the first place. He had to prepare for both.

Then Hana, the Mizukage. It felt like a dream that he had somehow managed to get into a relationship with her, but… It was intimidating. She was the Mizukage. To a certain extent it was impossible to remove the self-consciousness that came from that. He wasn’t good enough for her. Especially when she probably prefered someone much more… traditional. The Kaguya were like that, and it wasn’t a fact that escaped his notice. There were thoughts that he couldn’t get rid of, no matter how hard he tried.

His face twisted after that moment of being petrified in memory ended, turning down into something bitter for a moment. It ruined Chigetsu’s aesthetic, although just as quickly as it showed up it would also be gone.

“I could think of a few things.” He would respond, much of the emotion wiped off his face and energy from before ripped out of him. “If you’re willing to listen.”

Chigetsu would take a seat, taking up a bit of room on the bench. “Uh… Well. I guess this isn’t a really straight forward problem, so I understand if you don’t want to help. But even if you’d just listen, I guess I’d appreciate it.” The fact that he was a stranger was cast aside now, and that Chigetsu didn’t even know his name. They just needed someone to vent to.

“There’s this girl I like…”
    Always a great start. “She uh… Well, more than just like. We’re dating now. It’s just… I focused so much on getting her to agree, I don’t really know what to do now. I don’t have any past experience with this sort of stuff.”

“That, and I’m sort of afraid that… Well. She’s a girl. I think she was interested in a more traditional thing, rather than someone who was like me…” Chigetsu would sort of gesture to themself. It was something that made sense even without knowing they were a crossdresser, and if Grey believed Chi was a girl.

“I … I uh, I don’t really know how you can help. I just need advice or something, I guess.”
    Copycat
    Copycat

Post by Copycat Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:13 am

Grey gives him as much time as he needs to respond. If he was being entirely honest, he would mention that he can't help with everything. Still, it's better to apply the effort anyways if he wants to help -- at least to a limit. Though, that could just be the Diabolus' belief. He does this simply to assist others and to some degree find purpose in interacting wtih his fellow members of Kirigakure, be they part of the military or mere civilian. He's done it only a few times, but never has it really lead to anything serious. And hopefully that would remain the case, at least until he can handle those sorts of things properly.

Even then, he'd probably never seek ryo from the service. Whether he succeeds or fails at helping, that's all it came down to. Being part of the military is already suitable enough for monetary gain in Grey's eyes. He wouldn't know what to do with any extra that could come with it. Onto more important thoughts however, the man simply waits for Chigetsu to state what she needs help with. He does not know the source of the pause, between the Hozuki thinking of just how much has been seemingly plaguing him as of late and the insecurities or troubles that've become associated with that.

Grey is, after all, a stranger through and through.

None the less, that seems to not dissuade the pinkette from speaking up on one of those issues to a degree. "Why, of course. I'd need dto listen to know how to help, after all." He chimes, remaining positive as ever. He shifts upon the bench to give Chigetsu needed space upon it once she's settled there. Folding up his posters as quietly as possible, he rests them beside himself and the arm of the bench before letting his forearms fall upon his lap, intersecting as his gaze remains upon Chigetsu. He devotes his attention, to take in every bit of information he'd need to offer a fair assessment for assitance.

Though, the Diabolus certainly did not expect what came out of the Hozuki's mouth following that. A girl? He almost instinctively finds himself caught in the belief that this 'woman' before him swings that way. Fortunately, Grey does not have issues with that on a moral-oriented level. He could really care less about it, given love is love at the end of the day. Chigetsu's story continues onward with her revealing that they're actually dating, and that she's not really sure how to go forward in that regard. If Grey was an optimist, he'd just say that there's not much that can go bad after that point, and say to stay confident.

But any relationship-oriented tragedy could strike down such a silly belief before he could so much as blink his eyes. And sure enough, the thing that seems to bring that risk into full insurgence dawns. Tradition. There it is. It starts to collect within his head the moment Grey processes it, prompting him to visibly lean back, and elevate his right hand to his face. He presses the tip of his thumb to his jawline, while partially folding his index and letting it rest there to complete an exaggerated thinking posture. As a cherry on top, several exaggerated nods are offered by the proclaimed Hero.

"I see I see. Hmm.."

Phew.. potential relationship problems. That's something that he wasn't prepared for. Alas, he has to think carefully about this. He doesn't want to jeopardize this lass' love.

".. So it took convincing in the first. How does she regard you right now? Is there any distance? Coldness? Subtle or overt? I have a recommendation for those concerns, but that should be addressed before I offer it. So I need to know that first, girly!" Grey admits, being somewhat cautious about it. In all honesty, he's more than likely to make the suggestions that seem 'obvious' from the standpoint of someone who isn't directly in the circumstance Chigetsu's in. Nothing too risky now...

"I will also state that this isn't as fleeting or doomed as you may think, if she accepted you in the first place. That indicates she has hopes it will work, in spite of it going against her traditions. Keep your head up, but also keep the things that would assert to her that she made the right choice in mind!" He looks at Chigetsu with a big, goofy grin on his face, tone emanating with the most 'macho' nature he can muster up. Then he freezes for a moment. Has the Hozuki here already thought of these things? He prays that this isn't redundant on Chigetsu's end. And also that sh--oh no.

His mouth forms into an 'o', and his eyes go wide. Boy, he'd be sweaty right now.
    ".. Wait. You do know what would confirm that for her, yes?"
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:17 am

Laying it all out like that made him paranoid now, and he had to think back over all of the time they had spent together. The thought almost made him sweat. Distance? Coldness? Subtle or overt? How does she regard him? The questions all made his head spin for a moment. Settling back onto the bench, Chigetsu had to rack their memories.

“I… I don’t think so?” Unsure of himself, there wasn’t much more of an answer he could give than that. “I don’t think she’s been cold lately. It’s hard sometimes because I know she’s really busy with her work and all, but…” Should he try to visit her without prompting? Would it be too needy looking if he did? Chigetsu was too paranoid about things like this. It was hard to be level headed and calm sometimes, especially regarding matters you had so little experience in.

The Hero’s attitude was exceptionally positive though. The sheer amount of elbow grease and the can-do attitude he just leaked out had a somewhat calming effect on the panicking pinkette. The big goofy grin especially was something that ended up lifting Chigetsu’s spirits away from the garbage can they had fallen into.

“...What? What would confirm that for her?” He would turn, watching the Hero’s expression now that he had hinted towards having come to some revelation on the subject. “Is there something I can do?”
    Copycat
    Copycat

Post by Copycat Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:10 pm

Grey elevates one hand, scratching his cheek with his jawline in momentary contemplation. While the question didn't fall on deaf ears, the indicators seemed to. The Diabolus sort of expected things to be more clearcut if the Hozuki's making it seem like there are relationship issues. Alas though.. perhaps it's just one-sided or better yet, lack of communication. Lowering his hand, his nature remains the same. The inquiry Chigetsu provides seems to direct Grey into being on the answering end of things again.

"Ah..! Well that is quite simple." He chimes exuberantly, raising the same index that he scratched his cheek wtih prior. Cheesing at Chigetsu, Grey extends his arm forth, pointing dramatically at her thereafter. The answer is simple, as is his providing of it.

"You asking her!" Perhaps if Grey actually knew who it was, he'd be able to slip the conversation in that direction. But that'd require more time, work, and means to connect the two sides together. Right now though, he only has Chigetsu to go off of for this mystery woman's admiration to remain just that. And he can only pray that his advice doesn't wind up ill because of that.

"I'm sure she'd be comfortable with telling you. Or at least pushing you in the right direction! After all, you two are an item, no?" Hopefully Chigetsu does happen to be the only one over complicating things. The Hero is no genius or genie when it comes to love and romance.
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Mon May 25, 2020 3:07 pm

The index finger pointed in Chigetsu’s direction would catch the boy off guard, and he would find his attention captured by Grey’s movement in shock. The Diabolus was certainly a good orator, if anything. Or perhaps Chigetsu’s attention was just easily taken by quick movements. The answer associated wasn’t something that he had been expecting, but he was captivated right now by the street performer-esque movements and performance of Grey to the extent that his brain had partially turned off. Asking her, of course, was probably the simplest and most direct solution, but it required a lot of gusto and confidence. Something like that would only expose his insecurity, which he knew to an extent was an ugly, unattractive thing.

“... Right. Asking her.”
    The thoughts rolled around in his mind for a moment, in the same way that one might taste something and be unsure whether they liked the flavor or not. It was something that had the possibility of working, but things would need to happen first, and change in a certain direction.

“I think that could work. If I just asked her it would definitely resolve things quickly. In one way or the other. Since we are an item...” Standing up slowly, the male would hesitantly find himself pushed in the direction of action, even if unsure of himself right now. “I think… I think I’m going to try that… Thank you, Mister Hero. I’ll… uh, if you set up your stand here again, I’ll be sure to visit you and tell you how things turned out.”

[Exit]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content