Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

2 posters

A Meeting of the Minds

Jess the Plague
    Jess the Plague

Village : N/A
    Clan : N/A

A Meeting of the Minds Empty A Meeting of the Minds

Post by Jess the Plague Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:22 pm

Today would be the day that Jess would do the neighborly thing since it was the first day free to do so. The construction was completed quickly, much quicker than the orphan had been unpacking and getting over her traumatic experience that happened just before her shop was built. That was neither here nor there for a woman who was in the denial stage of grief, thus allowing her this visit without devolving into a crying mess unprovoked. Instead the gothic chemist could visit the odd shop nearby with two storefronts. Her trip pants would jingle almost seemingly in an attempt to lift her spirits and mood, Jess would be drawn to this shop that was for people without a last name.

The earth was solid under the genin's feet as she strode towards the shop in a casual pace hoping to get the attention if the shop keep inside. Approaching from the side that appeared to be for Armor, her cinamon perfume would enter the building far before she would arrive near the store itself. This would allow the writer to know exactly how the store looked so they do not mess it up.

The chemist was In a hopeful and sociable mood which would hopefully provoke a wonderful interaction and perhaps if she was lucky, a new friend in this cut throat world of business. Money was important but friendship was better in Jess' opinion, being friends with this other craftsman would benefit noth endevors. Perhaps good things could still happen to this broken girl whom fate had forgotten, or farted upon she could not decide which.
    Skull!
    Skull!

Discord Tag : Manji

A Meeting of the Minds Empty Re: A Meeting of the Minds

Post by Skull! Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:53 pm

One hat. Two hats. Ooh, a mustache. Now, that was fitting. He needed to have a way to separate both of his parent's shops, even if he knocked down the wall in the middle. It did make travel back and forth far more convenient, but was he gonna clean his mess? Hell no, that's what assistants are for. He stood there, putting a hat back on one of the hooks on the partial wall between both shops, throwing a broom at one of his employees. Without a word he pointed and brushed at the air, directing what to do. The young man hesitantly would get off his seat to go over to the rubble and sheet rock on the ground.

Both shops were nearly identical in appearance. Strange misshapen mannequins that wore clothing that didn't fit on its awkward body on one side, and the other had weapon racks and stands to displace various tools. The back walls were black stone with a red wood panel over the lower half of the wall, giving it a much nicer look. The armor side held clothing, uniforms, and suits as well as helmets and other bits of armor. While the weapon side held the shared forge and anvil, and all of the display cabinets. Between them both, in the middle of the cleared area, was a gaping hole in the wall, that someone mostly likely had spent a day with a sledgehammer making. It functioned, but wasn't exactly the best method.

He would catch a glimpse of the girl approaching, only to grab the fedora off the wall and the mustache from his pocket, stepping through the hole, the sheetrock covering the ends of his cloak. He would browse his own wares before taking a stand behind the counter, his fingers nervously tapping as the young girl approached.
    IGOR, KIRIGAKURE'S TREASURE

Igor No Last Name
    Jess the Plague
    Jess the Plague

Post by Jess the Plague Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:42 pm

What was that a trilbi? Nay it looked like a fedora that was on yhe head along with what Jess would intuintively guess was a fake moustache, less based on observation of physical propert but rather an informed guess based off the decor and uh uniquness of the shop and its owner. The ninja in question looked quite the colorful character, no doubt their history was filled with many mysteries and adventures.

The hole in the back wall was more of an indicator of character than the hat choice however, its crude nature and the assistant clean the rubble up indicated it was a recent modification. Still it was a cute quirk, the eyes of the man who dutifully stood behind the counter showed only dedication and enjoyment of their craft. Perhaps this truly would be an unique experience for the library of Jess' memories. That would be most glorious.

The tapping of fingers drifted into her ears as the orphan chemist entered the shop and marveled at the wares as well as truly, genuinely appreciating the set up of the rooms that were now connected via a gaping portal of drywall. "Why hello there neighbor, my name is Jess. Ive come to meet you and talk a little business if you are interested" she would extend a hand for a shake at this along with a smile that light up her eyes as she addressed the odd man across the counter from herself. Perhaps the two crafters could forge something that shook the whole world to its very foundation.
    Skull!
    Skull!

Post by Skull! Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:44 pm

The man stood, the mustache crooked on his face as the left piece sat just a little too high compared to the other side. The young woman extended a hand, an offer in the realm of business. "Hmm, Fine qualities indeed. I shall cherish this interaction." He thought to himself as he extended his own hand to shake hers. A larger hand, one that delicately held onto her hand and shook it. A gentle giant he was.

"Hmmm..." He hummed, looking the girl up and down, his head a bit turned to the side as one eye observed, and the other stared at the wall. "Auhn whapts bidsneth eru en?" He would ask, his tongue moving in a strange way as he spoke, but still that smile was there.

That damn smile.

Igor No Last Name
    Jess the Plague
    Jess the Plague

Post by Jess the Plague Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:42 pm

Jess would pause a split second as her brain calculated and deciphered what the clear mind was trying to say behind a broken tongue. This made her think of those who had dismissed this man outright, it would have made someone more hot headed irate. As for herself Jess pitied those people who missed out on this mind. Instead of scorning them, the orphan lamented their lack of ability to translate him. It was like missing the true beauty of a painting simply due to your own cultural awareness, a true shame in the eyes of the genin.

“Well my good sir, might I ask your name?” if given Jess would continue “You see my dear Eyegore, my business here is supplying your business. Can you imagine poisons and chemicals added to your craft? I can, it looks majestic. Fifty fifty split is my only offer though, I don’t put make up on for less after all.” Treating him as she would anyone else the ninja recognized the spark of intelligence in those eyes hiding behind a goofy smile that was incredibly infectious. Jess had mirrored that smile this whole time.
    Skull!
    Skull!

Post by Skull! Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:53 pm

The man shuffled for some random objects behind the counter, one eye carefully lowered, while one looked at the female before him. "Yuth mai khals mei Eyeghour." he would say, not thinking much further on the question. He extended his hand to meet her own. "Uhm, Oehakis. Ehi duhs neids suhm piosyions." He lifted a hand to tap his chin, his right grabing a few metal knick knacks and things. "Bhuts eih duoh figks sat yhew shujld sei da guise necks dhour. Ei djunno how ufphuls kammy cals wuld be wif armors."  Some words easily spoke, while others tripped over his misshapen tongue. But still, he held his hand in the deal made. Any profit, however small, was a good one.

"Wahths yure nhamje mithush?" he would ask politely. After all, he had given his own.

Igor No Last Name
    Jess the Plague
    Jess the Plague

Post by Jess the Plague Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:46 am

"My name is Jess, I also run a restaurant in the other district" giving a card to the odd man, it would read out the business details and address on the card. The card itself was rather bright and colorful, welcoming and warm and designed in such a way that every person saw something different in the card. A wonderful design commissioned by a respectable artist in the Kiri village, the craftsmen was quite talented at what they did and Jess had thought it perfect for her restaurant that served all sorts of food. Yes even hamburgers, glorious fantastic Kirigakure stable that they were.

"So, this weapon smith on the other side could use it better than you huh?" Jess would ask in a pleasant manner looking at the janitor who obviously would not be the person she would be dealing with. Instead the brain inside the head of a body that was once born wrong would deduce that the man with his odd nature would adopt an even more outlandish disguise, she simply could not wait to see it. The glory of goofiness that this man could produce left the actor inside Jess astonished at it's complexity and skill. Igor was quite the interesting person indeed and as such she would give her name with a courtesy using her trip pants like a skirt with a flourish "Jess the Orphan if you will my good Eyegor, I shall see you upon finishing my business with the other vendor inside your building if you will have me back?" upon the question's answer the woman would exit the building and walk all the way around to the other side to meet with this mysterious weapon vendor.
    Skull!
    Skull!

Post by Skull! Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:56 am

A chemist and a cook? My my, she certainly was useful, but why had she come all this way down to see this strange old man? Surely it was the doing of a higher power, something forcing her to stand there, to be there, to talk to him. How odd. But also, how interesting. Seemed almost counter productive, but if she really wanted to be sinister, she could easily poison a good portion of Kirigakure if she wanted to, after gaining enough customers... Strange. But that would be bad for business. Maybe to make the food addictive. Liek cigarettes. Perhaps that was her secret, putting cigarettes in her food.

Soon, he would receive a card, and he would hold it up in front of his face, the other hand clutching various objects, using them to prop a corner of the card trying to hold it up as if it was heavy.

"Hesth khots bether thuen mei." He gave a puzzled look. When had he said that? Rumors?! How dare them slander his business! He pouted. Extending his hand to the girl, all of the strange objects in his hand. "Dha uthir gui niths dith." he would say to the girl, giving the strange handful of weird metal trinkets. He would take the card, holding it above himself as he walked out of the room to a door in the back of the room. "Sssslaetherd ei saiz!" He would say, shutting the door behind him. Behind the closed hallway, he would hang up his hat and rest the mustache on top before trying to run to the other side of the store... Hopefully, he would make it in time.

Igor No Last Name
    Jess the Plague
    Jess the Plague

Post by Jess the Plague Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:53 pm

Name: Jess
    Mood: Intrigued
    Tagged: @Bones!
    Chakra: -
    Notes: I have to say everything Igor does aloud or I don't understand him. THINKING EMOJI

Did that man know about her wacky idea to put cigarettes in her food? No, that would be silly. Nobody could jump to such an idea, which is why it was so brilliantly insidious, by making the cows smoke cigarettes she could make the beef more addictive. Though she doubted the Mizukage would approve and was now at the work shopping stage of thinking of ways to make it chemically addictive instead. Perhaps by using both sugar and salt in a proper ratio on her fries? Calling a sauce secret when it was clearly thousand island? The possibilities were nigh endless. Still that was neither here nor there.

"Nay only in utilizing poisons to apply to delivery. I doubt very much he could provide defenses such as these" Jess would gesture around the room before accepting the metal trinkets and bowing. "Thank you, you are a most gracious host" the orphan would say before leaving the shop and making sure to stow her new keepsakes in the pocket labeled 'memories' in her trip pants. Making sure to take her time to give Igor time to change his disguise and thus better play into his act Jess would take a full two minutes to get around the building, instead ooing and awing at the wildlife of the village and different architecture just loud enough that someone inside could hear her before she would enter.

"Hello kind sir, I was informed of your establishment by the esteemed gentlemen who runs the Armory. My name is Jess, may I ask for yous?" the genin female would speak in a polite manner with a bit of joy in her voice. Though not the type of joy someone has making a joke at the expense of another but instead the joy of being in on the same joke as the person they are speaking to. The chemist simply could not help it, Igor's display was too delightful.

Skull!
    Skull!

Post by Skull! Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:03 am

He wasn't so much slow, but unfit. He opened the door of the back of the shop, sweat coating his forehead. His assistant resting on a stool behind the anvil staring over at the man.

"Boss, are you alri-"

"Knouts naos mohrion." with a lifted hand, he divided the space between him and the boy, as if it halt the conversation. He would look up, finding the same girl had left the shop through the front door, rather than the hole. his head twisted a bit to the side as he observed.

"Yush." He would say, rising to a stance, to move forward to lean on the long counter. "Iyehm, eyigor." he would say, a simile, his strange misshapen teeth, though comically white. "Hoamei ehilp yews?"

Igor No Last Name

A Meeting of the Minds KAalp4G
    Jess the Plague
    Jess the Plague

Post by Jess the Plague Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:04 pm

"Well my good sir you and I may be able to help each other, Eyegor across the way informed me that you, Igor, would benefit from my poisons and other chemicals perhaps? In either case it is wonderful to meet my neighbors like this” the chemist would bow to her host while producing another business card, different from the first. This one simple was a black card with white lettering that read Jess The Chemist across it's front in a fabulous yet legible font. The movement was practiced and fluid and Jess would look about the room at this point. The building was interesting to say the least but there was a logic she could understand beneath the whole thing which would lead her into cracking through the ideas showing the intelligent woman the shape in which it made sense. Mainly one had to realize this would function much better as a combined shop.

“For instance" Jess withdrew a vial filled with an odd thick viscous liquid in it, “This I call greek fire and I think it could be very useful in crafting arrow heads for one, collapse the tip when it hits and spread this sticky shit everywhere. Burns even when waters put on it, but admittedly it can be snuffed out if deprived of oxygen.” The vial was carefully held in Jess' hand as the material by itself was highly volatile.
    Skull!
    Skull!

Post by Skull! Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:06 pm

It was the little small changes that he fixated on. He was tired of trying to play two different hosts, but if he was to claim it all, wouldn't it be a monopoly? That would be bad, and possible against the rules. He really didn't want to be locked in jail. He took the black card, his mind remembering the last. He could have sworn it was different before. Maybe all of her cards was different. But his mind lingered on it. Maybe he only thought he saw a different card. Maybe it was the same one. He tucked it into his pocket, confused, and concerned.

He looked over at the vial in her hand. His reach lifted almost to grab it, but he stopped himself, stepping behind the counter. "Yaets, yaets... Eai kuld oose et. Bhout wat es ur pritse?" He would narrow his eyes at the girl, curiously. Surely a few swords could be lit on fire... right?

Igor No Last Name

Jess the Plague
    Jess the Plague

Post by Jess the Plague Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:46 pm

"My price is simply a cut of the profit for anything, materials included that I supply you two...brothers?" Jess was suggesting an out for Igor as the excuse of them lookimg similar could easily be played of by blood relation. Moving on quickly however Jess would bring something up that she had only then remembered. "My apologies though, it seems I have lost track of time and must meet up with my sensei for training. Please let me know if you or your brother ever need abything and please come to my resturant I told your brother about, first meal for the each of you is free!" 

With her positive tones lingering, the genin chemist would take her leave of the business for she had not lied and now was rather concerned that she would be late. This was horrible, how could the orphan have forgotten an obligation? Oh well, she would not be too late. Now that just left her to feel bad for her hurried exit but Jess figured free food would make up for that fact at the very least, she was an excellent cook after all.

-Exit-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 6:33 pm