Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

2 posters

Where there's a will, there's a Rei.

Manji
    Manji

Village : Kirigakure
    Clan : Kaguya
    Discord Tag : Manji

Where there's a will, there's a Rei.  Empty Where there's a will, there's a Rei.

Post by Manji Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:56 am

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    The Macabre Marrionette
    Bones. Marrow. Skull. She could remember those names. It was long since they were used to refer to her. They were just names that held no meaning, just tied to a single skill she displayed just one time. Bubbles, was likely, not that different.

"She didn't tell me anything." She would saw, raising a brow. Was it something confidential, or something just for them? Was it between him and the Mizukage, or just him and Hana? It was hard to draw lines like those. Moments between business and pleasure. But as it unfolded, Rei started to see the bigger picture. "It was something that slipped out. I suppose my own nervousness around her put her more on edge, and with it, that name." It was like the same when Engetsu insisted on calling Rei "Mommy" even after their child was grown up. Though, something kept to themselves in the privacy of-

"I'll be honest." She looked down at the treats, now reaching for a plain sugar cookie. "I would like to minimize my interactions with Hana at all means necessary. All my reports will be written and delivered to her. I just don't want to be more involved with her than I absolutely need to." The cookie fixed between her teeth, they growing pointed for a moment before snapping the cookie in half to be eaten. The treat lowered as her lips met, hiding her chewed meal.

"So, from this point on, you can expect me to avoid Hana, unless she requests something of me." She looked at her plate, moving it back to her as the crumbs fell onto the table. She would set the cookie down to lift the drink to her lips. "I really don't want to spend any more time with a Kaguya than I need to." She would say, only to smile at the end of it, almost chuckling.

"Though, it turns out you might not be the only half-Kaguya anymore." She exhaled through her nose, a sharp breath like a withheld laughter. "So, trust I have no real desire to intrude on your life, other than staying updated on your skills and progress."
    Strength: B || Constitution: D(C)|| Stamina: C || Speed: B ||
    Coordination: B+ || Intelligence: C || Perception: B
    110/110 Chakra

Note : For Rei, this will be a flashback.
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Clan : Hōzuki
    Discord Tag : Lithium#2476

Where there's a will, there's a Rei.  Empty Re: Where there's a will, there's a Rei.

Post by Chigetsu Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:21 am

He would settle. Her responses placated him and his insecurities, and the defensive mindset that he faced towards her would continue to recede. It went away, down into the recesses of his mind where it would rest again along with that bitterness. It was a process. Learning to trust again came with time. This was the beginning, although the start was still something to celebrate. Even now, with all this, it was something different than how it had been before.

“That’s probably for the best.” The words would slip out, quiet and unsure. Unsure of why he was saying it, his eyes would turn away from what had been the focus of his frustration. The cookies and pastries again. One would be taken that had chocolate chips throughout it and shoved partially into his mouth. He wanted this delineation even if he didn’t understand why. The separation between the two of them, his mother and Hana, was for the best. Anything else right now, so soon, could have been disastrous. Things were still so unstable and new, and Chigetsu was still afraid.

“Thank you.” It came with some of the crumbs still in his mouth. It would all be swallowed down again, and he would return to his thoughts. The hint that had been presented towards him of someone else, another half-Kaguya, was something he missed.
    Manji
    Manji

Where there's a will, there's a Rei.  Empty Re: Where there's a will, there's a Rei.

Post by Manji Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:00 am

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    The Macabre Marrionette
    Even his request, would be rather impossible. It wasn't her choice to have her son attached to quite literally the most important person in the village. It would be just unrealistic to cut off all contact. At that point, she might as well move to a different country. But to abandon her country, and her vows, would be heresy. And to leave her son, that was out of the question. But, to minimize all contact, to allow him to separate the pieces of his personal life until he could figure things out, she could do that. She only hoped her son would not make a mess of things. If he was planning something evil, well, then Rei would have an entirely different problem on her hands.

"Don't" She would reply, almost as quickly as his words came out. "Don't thank me. It's a mother's responsibility to take care of her young, no matter the cost." her voice rather trailed off, thinking of the young girl.

"Chigetsu, I have a question to ask of you." She didn't want to intrude on where he drew his lines, but still, she wanted to know where things stood. There was no reason to ask his father if he was just-

"I have been considering having my students move in here." She would speak, her eyes falling onto the treats, only to have a single rat scurry into the room. A maid not that far behind. A rodent wearing a similar black leather harness as Rei had for her sword. He would head directly towards Rei, and she would do nothing else but wave at it to come foward.

"I don't intend to touch your things. Your items will be completely left alone." The gray and brown rat would leap, and Rei would pick it up to set it in her lap. Her hand covered in honey being licked off by the rodent. "Is this okay with you?"
    110/110 Chakra
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:18 am

Even if it was unreasonable it was something he was forced to ask. How utterly unreasonable and impossible it was weren’t factors he had considered, and neither were the practical or political implications associated with it. It was just a defensive instinct. To protect what he had gained. Like a starving wild animal, fighting over small scraps of food. He was desperate and hungry, and incapable of reasonable or logical thought on the matter. When that desperation and hunger faded, and he would no longer be akin to a wild animal, maybe there would be time for a reevaluation of the situation. Maybe not. Still, in a situation so fragile he could only interpret his mother’s presence as disruptive and chaotic, no matter how benevolent she may or may not be.

The words returned to being dull. He was underneath the drumbeat, with each striking across the stretched across skin and the reverberations only reaching him a moment later. The taste of the crumbs were still in his mouth, dry against saliva. Even so he would end up taking another onto his plate. A mother's responsibility was to take care of her young, apparently. It was a strange thought to consider, especially hearing her say it now with this sort of context.

His eyes followed the rodent. It was the most surprising thing at the moment. It wore a harness, and seemed to be trained like some sort of circus rat. Did his mother join the circus? How odd. It wasn’t something that was unbelievable knowing her, to have ties to a circus or training related to one. Still, it was a bit gross to have a rat so close to their food. His appetite would begin to fade.

“It doesn’t matter to me. I don’t live here anymore. I haven’t for a long time.” This wasn’t his home. Sleeping here again, or moving back in, was out of the question. Absolutely out of the question. He had his own apartment now, and he was more than satisfied with it. It was too big, but that wasn’t something he could really complain about. Just empty space with no character or personality, and nothing but meaningless trinkets and furniture to fill it.
    Manji
    Manji

Post by Manji Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:29 pm

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    The Macabre Marrionette
    Like everything, if she held onto it long enough. It turned to shit. Her parents. Her siblings. Her family. Her dreams. Her joy. Her freedom. Her husband. Her life. And now, her relationship with her son. If she left things as they were, instead of trying to force what she was actively trying to repair, it would have worked itself out. He came to her for a reason. She should have left it at that. Simple pleasantries, a small conversation and send him on his way. But she wasn't that kind of person. She had to get involved. She wanted to fix so much, but didn't know how. Now, a find lunch with her son was turned into fewer and fewer words. She had not just pushed him into a corner, but shoved him into a box tucked away in the darkest and furthest corner of where he wanted to be. Every time she apologized, or tried to work something out, she was breaking what was left. Soon, if she continued, she would be alone. She would have no son, she would no husband. She would have the students she called her pupils as her own stand in children. But even so, she would die a teacher, and not a mother. Ah, but that was the life of a shinobi. Family wasn't really ever an option for her.

In a way she settled. She settled her fangs and filed them to squared shaped teeth as if to not threaten the company. She bathed in clean water instead of blood, no longer needind to hide her own scent. She wore dress shirts rather than tattered robes that just did the job. She married a man, because that's what was needed to produce a son. She settled into this life, when it was the last thing she ever wanted. But now, she had given birth to Chigetsu, and watched him turn from a boy into a young man. A young man, who with every word that spilled from her lips, went further and further away from her. He was just within reach, but if she extended her hand, just one more time... she would risk losing him.

And that was the last thing she wanted.

He was just as broken as she was. She just wanted to give him the things she wished her own parents gave her. But she knew now, he wasn't like her. He wasn't like his father either. He had pieces of the both of them, each half fighting over what the child would become. A boy who wanted to be a man, and a boy who simply wanted to make his parents proud. Someone who ran from his family's traditions, yet returned to them. He was an enigma, and with that in sight, Rei understood how little she really had in common with his father. She settled. Because she had nothing else to lose. But now, she had everything to lose.

Hand continued to lightly stroke the rat, its tongue hanging out as she continued to clean up after Rei. Peeking over the table every few moments only to rest back down. The sounds of three more heard down the hall, only to have the three stop in the doorway, all standing to sniff, before walking off at a slower pace. All of their coats with different patterns, but all wore the same harnesses.

". . . right. Of course." she would say, leaning back in her chair, her face pulling a dull look as her eyes fell upon the rat. All she could think about now, was the cat. "Forgive my question then." A half smile, appearing for a moment, but fleeting thusafter.

She couldn't reach out.

She knew she would lose him.
    110/110 Chakra
    Chigetsu
    Chigetsu

Post by Chigetsu Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:32 pm

He didn’t understand. It was impossible that he would, and unreasonable that he would be expected to. Only from his own eyes and perspective could he understand the world, and only like that was how he lived. It was a matter of making it back home. Whatever his definition of home was. Wherever home was. It was a question he couldn’t answer, but instead could only say where home wasn’t. It was natural for him to say it, and he hadn’t even had to think when he said that this wasn’t his home any longer. He didn’t live here, but even so that wasn’t what made it not his home. The oppressiveness that hung in the air, heavy in emotions that sunk down and suffocated him like a deep smoke made his head swirl. Speaking was hard. Expressing himself came in defensive spurts of bitterness between moments of awkward stiffness where he accepted whatever was thrown his way. Even now, with the tension coming undone and this mess slowly untwisting, it was hard to breathe.

There was nothing, there was nowhere. It was a matter of finding where he belonged now, and what he could put inside of himself, and what could give him worth.

The situation turned dull. His response was natural, off the cuff, and made without thinking. He was relaxing now, slowly and gradually becoming more of himself around her, but perhaps that wasn’t a good thing. Perhaps it was. It was hard to say what was good or bad.

He wanted to divest himself of this situation. To just leave and run. Between them, now that there was only silence, things returned that had temporarily gone away. There was nothing to say. She just apologized, and now he could say nothing else. There were only sweets and rats now.

“It’s fine.” Eyes twisted, reaching over to each side. Looking for an escape. “I just… I need to prepare for the exams.” The words came out when he wasn’t looking at her. “I need to practice I guess before meeting up with my partner. Inarie, whoever she is. It’s…. It’s important to me that I pass this section and get to the finals. I want to win, or at leasts do well. I’d like to make Hana proud, I guess.” The words came out jumbled. He didn’t know what he was saying, but or how it should have been phrased. Just excuses, even if they were the truth or parts of the truth.

“... When I come back, maybe you can introduce me to your students. That would be nice.” It was half of an offer. “Thank you for laying this all out for me, though.”

Slowly he pulled back, shifting from his position. Slow movements. It felt necessary. He would get up, giving her time to interject if she wished, and went to make his exit.

[Attempted Exit]
    Manji
    Manji

Post by Manji Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:39 pm

Akeruseirei Hozuki
    The Macabre Marrionette
    Since she was born, everything was taken away from her. Her bits of freedom, creativity, her friends, her ideas, her family, and almost her life. It was natural for her to hold onto the things she cherish, almost suffocating them with her attention and care. Somethings had gotten buried under the affection of others, her puppets hidden deep within the house to remain unused. Her son was no different. She had reached out, held on for dear life and clutched him close. She tried to make him stronger so she could believe she didn't need to protect him, but deep down, it was a feeling that would never fleet. But still, she knew when it was time to stop. Holding onto people wasn't like objects. People, often the tighter you held them, the farther they would run. Trinkets and treasures could be locked away for safekeeping, but not people. You could, but was that love? Was it love to bind them to a cold dark room, giving them a little more than needed to survive so they could live to the next day? That wasn't love, it was torture, perhaps even pity. To pity the man that was his father was-

"I think she would be very proud regardless." She would say, staring blankly at him only to shake her gaze to look over her treats again. "And you're welcome, Chigetsu. Any time." She waved the older maid to come forth. "I'll have Caitlyn wrap up some of the treats and you can take them home. I trust you still know the way out. Until then, my son."

There was nothing more to be said.

Her soul died a little more each time she watched him leave.
    110/110 Chakra

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:51 pm