Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

2 posters

The "King" & The Raven (Natsuru)

Simon
    Simon

Village : Kumogakure
    Clan : None
    Discord Tag : Midknights#0001

The "King" & The Raven (Natsuru) Empty The "King" & The Raven (Natsuru)

Post by Simon Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:57 am

Okinawa Promenade.

A section of Fuyuko Outlet, containing some of the most highly-acclaimed places of visit in regard to recreation or eatery. This place was almost always bustling with people, both in his childhood and even as the slum-dwelling, blond Jounin himself maneuvers on through the entourage that path upon its active road even now. Be it intrigued tourists looking awestruck at their next place of visitation or a fellow member of Kumogakure's military trekking on through, things never failed to be reasonably lively. Between cleanliness being maintained along the short stretch of building after building of five-star establishments - & the pleasant aroma of spices from foods wafting through the air whenever a restaurant was five meters away, it's no surprise people are thrilled.

Simon himself, while not the social butterfly he may have chalked himself up to be in the past, can't deny that this business-entrenched section of Kumogakure brings about the bumbling energy anyone would feel in such a gentrified setting. Compared to the streets of the Kabukicho district that he's known from his first venture into Kumogakure and well into his young adulthood, this place is an entirely different atmopshere. It feels strangely unordinary to him to not see trash littering the street here and there - or broken, rundown buildings - whether an establishment or a home to another, that's never even been blessed with the thought of renovation.

No apparel-matching teenagers huddled together, attempting to cook up a nefarious plan as their tameless leers discern every passerby. No occasional sight of a lasciviously-dressed streetworker, bathing everything in a three-meter radius of them in cheap and far-too overused cologne or perfume. Not even the usual side street or dimly-lit alley that everyone tells their closest pals to avoid - or 'plug' that every drug-addled mess begs to handle 'business' with at.

This just establishes to him how vastly different of a world these two districts live in. He can't even imagine what the high-class residential district looks like, if Okinawa contradicts its far poorer cousin so vastly, in entertainment alone.

Okinawa, the district bathed in the steadily-growing riches of the nation, and arguably Kumogakure's strongest tourist attraction.
    Kabukicho, the poor and forgotten area living in the former's shadow, with none of its esteem to descend from its lap.

Quite the contrast. . .
    One he's never actually experienced, seeing as he's never bothered to visit this area until now.
    'This is what they live like, huh?'

He's out of his element, that's for sure, though perhaps his half-lidded, nonchalant stare free of any surprise doesn't give it away. Or maybe the pacing that's letting him casually keep up with the others flocking about madly - something people well-acquainted with this sort of setting seem to be acclimated to. It could even be how well-kept his appearance is here, between his swept-to the side bangs in his recently-attended to head of hair. Perhaps even the newly-bought black pinstripe suit, neatly fitted upon his form with the cuffs folded, overcoat fully buttoned and collar matted in orderly fashion only a blue-collar would be so familiar with. A yellow tie sways slightly, tucked in and otherwise bound to the collar of the pure white dress shirt he has on beneath, whilst a black watch he purchased some time ago ticks away upon his right wrist. He may not be dressed like a King, but the scent that wafts about him may say otherwise, letting the Kageyama ooze a pleasant aromatic only money could offfer.

He's dripping (not literally, fortunately).

One wouldn't think he's come from Kumogakure's lowest. Or that much of the prestige that gave him the privilege of borrowing the ryo for the business excursion that brought him here came from selling in those depths. '.. I'll have to take this all in later. For now, though...' A manila envelope rests between his form and his dominant, left limb, containing a sneakpeek of the information to be divulged into here today. Formulas seen as chicken scratch to the commonplace in the area he calls home ; the equation to he 'and' the well-off. After much languid walking and weaving through the lunch running crowd of Okinawa's noon, the blondette shifts upon the road, and steps into the place that 'they' intend to meet. A newfound business associate, and one that he's heard of in passing, both in their area of the market and amid the military. If Simon's fame leaned toward his successes in his career as a shinobi, she likely was the one here who contrasted that with her prestige in business ventures - highly-versed and flexible in her talents.

He's uncertain what to expect from her, admittedly. Not once have they interacted with one another - and as far as he knows this may only be occurring because she heard through the grapevine that he was looking for someone to coordinate with. Either that, or the purple-locked lass of similar age to his own took interest in him, a possibility Simon would rather considered an impossibility. The faintest presence of butterflies flutter through his physique, a nigh-physical manifestation of the ambiguity he's felt all morning, and even now. He's been a man of many thoughts, this morning and into the afternoon he's now in.

'Secure the deal.'
    'If only Kabukicho was like this.'
    'Half of what these people are wearing costs more than what I make from salary alone. . .'
    'I wonder if this is a ruse.'

One of those many muses taking into consideration the effort he's placed into this. Perhaps he's overdoing it here - but seeing as this is a new experience in a lot of ways... he doesn't have a gauge on that. This right here, above all else, is an insight and an opportunity to see a different realm from the one he's spent nearly a decade and a half in. So, half an hour early, the man steps into the lunch spot, getting himself situated with a table while he lies in wait for the woman of the hour, for this occasion of his.
    Natsuru Senou
    Natsuru Senou

Clan : N/A

The "King" & The Raven (Natsuru) Empty Re: The "King" & The Raven (Natsuru)

Post by Natsuru Senou Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:36 pm

Among the common rabble passing through the promenade there was a distinctive figure, a woman, making her status known. Cascading lavender hair in a stylish himecut which screamed wealth and royalty. Although Natsuru came from wealth, she herself was not nearly as successful as her parents and she was not at all royalty. Her neglected ninja duties were not out of sheer laziness, but instead due to investment in other fields. Namely her primary focus as a business venture. With each step she took the tall black high heels she wore stamped into the cobblestone pathway. She practically screamed 'value' without saying a single word or passing so much as a sideways glance. Most people turned their heads and made way, but the minority that didn't make way were merely shoulder-checked and would experience the unnatural physical energy masked behind her feminine frame, often stumbling to keep their balance or totally falling over.

But with his high energy strut she was not sad or angry. Instead she bore a wide grin on her face like a child's first day of school. Within her arms she held a black three-ring binder containing valuable information about her product as well as term sheets and other business related papers. They were neatly organized and well rehearsed mentally by the Senou for her presentation. But of course, this was a business lunch and not a presentation. She came with an appetite and a desire to learn more about her business partner. She arrived at the destination, which was an upscale restaurant serving a lot of classic Japanese dishes. The statuesque was standing a tall 5'11 naturally, but given her high heels she was well past 6'. She scanned the room and saw her potential partner seated alone, the blonde man among the commoners.

Natsuru strutted her way to the table with confident. She wore her knee-high black stockings which were transparent in design providing very light see through qualities. This was paired with a black short skirt— fairly narrow to cling to her frame —and a white buttoned shirt. She wore a red bowtie as the collar and a black cloak over her affair. It was simple, yet business casual. Though what stayed from the dress code just slightly was the matching red ribbon she wore in her hair. She'd place the binder on her seat before retiring her body on top of it. It was a good way to keep it secure, but also prevented her from getting the urge to eagerly reveal its contents.

With a couple thrusts she scooting her chair up to the table until her ribs were nearly against its edge while her breasts hovered over her side of the table. Clasping her hands together she rested them on just before her chest taking on a good posture. With her widen grin she looked into the eyes of man seated before her. "Good afternoon, Simon. I hope you had no trouble making this appointment. Does a Pinot Noir sound adequate? Or do would you prefer anything else to get started?" Wines were an important part of any meal. Since she was twelve she was allowed wine at the dinner table. A small amount, obviously, but as she matured and developed more and more it became a lunch and dinner thing. Though she would never overdrink, the aristocratic ritual of alcohol consumption became a part of her ordinary life. "Though, on the topic of getting started, I wouldn't mind beginning to promote the benefits of my proposal. With the funds at our disposal we would invest in lavish penthouse in the Nihonbashi Sector. This will serve as a secondary residence as well as a corporate headquarters for now until we expand. I have already scoped out an excellent place and secured a fantastic deal with the real estate agent. I told her I would give a decision by the end of today. No pressure, of course, but this accommodation will be bundled with the acceptance of my proposal. So if you are interested of hearing more, we can continue." This was, of course, just a singular perk. She did not even begin to talk about the terms of their partnership as well as the product.
    Simon
    Simon

Post by Simon Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:39 pm

What remains of the time he spent mostly preparing himself mentally is put toward mostly taking in the setting and general 'vibe' of the restaurant. It's a pleasant place to be in, that much can be said. Simon's neatly propped within his seat, hands folded at the edge of the table whilst his own work is placed within his lap. Truth be told, Simon had never actually thought to consider what the Senou even looked like. He'd never met her, after all - and for the most part with him not being truly invested in more.. honorable ends of business he didn't get versed in knowing abount her aside from passing.

Even then, he did hear good things about her beyond that. That in of itself was enough to offer him some reprieve. The blond man does still somewhat contemplate this entire scenario, though.

Fortunately for him, it's not long before his doubts are disproven.

In comes Natsuru, in all her contrast to his own inconspicuous arrival. She's strutting in confidently, binder in hand and gusto seeming to radiate from head to toe of her tall figure. Much like the passerbys that she went past on her way here, Simon's gaze finds itself affixed to her. His usually dull blue orbs filled with an unordinary luster of curiousity - and slight surprise. It doesn't help that her stare seems to have spotted him and his table like a homing missile. Had she not been getting closer.. and closer.. and even closer, he would've probably shifted away by now. He probably would've stopped taking in her figure, subconsciously coming to appreciate the taut entourage of garments bringing her outfit together in an eye-catching blend.

At the very least, his little observations are brief shifts. By the time she's just a meter or so away his stare's locked upon her gaze - and at that point it clicks.

This is Natsuru Senou.

Oh shit.

Not only did she seem to be around his age but... damn. These aren't the looks and the nature that he was expecting in the slightest. With how grizzled and gritty this area of the market seemed - at least from his perspective, Simon thought this'd be the last sight he'd ever be greeted with. This is the Senou he's been hearing about? '... She's pretty fine.' He finds himself musing, momentarily. If this hadn't been for business he would've no doubt been doing more eyeing. Well-mannered as ever, though, his exterior doesn't clue much in on this impression of his, leaving little beyond that lax nature he's put on.

A small smile forms upon his features, seeking to mirror some of the positivity practically oozing off of Natsuru. What he makes up for in energy is perhaps the cordial air about him. "Good afternoon, Natsuru. I got here just fine, fortunately." He extends an unmarred hand - seeking to shake her own, although whether or not that does play out doesn't matter much to him. It's a brief greeting, one that's fitting of the numerous subjects they'll have to divulge into quite soon. "Pinot Noir? I take it that's your preferred choice? By all means, if so." Simon welcomes it. It saves him the trouble of choosing.

He's not very versed with his knowledge on wine or spirits in general, but as he's been climbing up he's started to delve into the subject. It's a novice area of his, one that he wants to expand upon. As she begins to go into detail, the Kageyama listens intently, hearing out her aspirations for this partnership of theirs. His hands remain neatly folded, all the while, the man mostly just waiting as he takes everything in. So far, it does sound quite promising - far more promising than he actually expected. Part of him wants to believe there's a catch somewhere - one that he's just waiting to hear.

"Ah, did you now? I'll take your word for it, seeing as you're versed in that area as well, I've heard. We'll see if that is indeed a course to take." Simon maintains some semblance of neutrality on his opinion regarding this information, not disagreeing or agreeing necessarily. He does want to hear more, namely about what she's offering on the other end. "You must've put quite a lot of work into your product to have planned all of this out, though." Would the expenditure be flipped by this sort of partnership. Only time - and further information would tell.

"I'm interested in hearing the rest, though. Quite interested in more, I'll admit." The blond briefly smiles again as he says that, inviting her to continue onward.
    Natsuru Senou
    Natsuru Senou

Post by Natsuru Senou Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:11 pm

Natsuru's politeness was met with an equally brief, cordial greeting from the man as he offered an open hand. She extended her own as their flesh met with soft clasp, Natsuru's weak wrist shaking up and down to exchange their condolences. His hand was soft yet rough taking on an interesting contrast. Something she could get used to feeling against her supple, pampered mitts. The Raven smirked widely. So far so good! Although she had just met this man she got a decent read given the tone of voice and his body language. Nothing seemed forced and his intentions were genuine. A sweet young boy, who unlike her previous attempts as setting up a business deal, was true to his goal. Often times she found herself in a pickle between two bad deals, either trying to negotiate with a veteran white collar attempting to absorb her assets with a poorly manufactured deal with the odds against her, or being turned down by VCs who discriminate her due to her age and, inevitably, inexperience.

A young businesswoman was left with two choices, and that was knowing somebody on the inside or performing nefarious favors to powerful businessman in hopes of one day finding success of their own. But Natsuru was different. While not exactly a 'feminist' (she actually hates that title and women who associate with it) she seeks to change the business standards for herself and find her own success in the market. She had good vibes about this man. Simon... The smug would stay on her face where it belonged. Although young men didn't have it as harsh as women, there was still a bottleneck. Together they could overcome the ancient business standards and start a new era of their own. That was of course possible as long as they were both confident in their abilities as businessmen and women.

But as greetings faded so did her smug as it relaxed to a soft smile, something more acceptable to have for prolonged periods of time. When the topic of wine was brought up it seemed Simon had no real preference. All in all Natsuru was the same as long as it came down to reds. She was never a fan of any other wines, whether they were whites, rice, or honey. Pinot Noir just happened to pair well with the food she planned to order.

Natsuru found great success in her 'hook', the starting proposal which listed the several amenities both her and Simon would benefit from by accepting the proposal. The idea of living in a penthouse was the most enticing since it was in the heart of the city, versus the Tomiko Heights she was very well used to. A change in atmosphere would do wonders, especially since she would continue to live in a similarly lavish lifestyle she was so used to. Since Simon was already encapsulated by the deal she was implored to continue. "I see, I see. Business first and then play. I like it." Natsuru leaned forward to take her butt off the binder before sliding it from beneath her and setting the warmed folder before the blond man. "Inside the folder you will see blueprints to some of the latest creations. In addition to what you see, I am fully capable of manufacturing weapons and armor. As for chemical product I primarily like to stay within the realm of poisons and drugs, as I find them to be in the hottest market for ninja abroad. But of course I am fully capable of manufacturing medicine and compounds, if it comes down to it."

The sounds of quickened footsteps followed behind Natsuru before stopping by her side. It was the waitress in good timing. She wanted to keep the waitress' visit brief while giving Simon the floor to speak without interruption. Popping open the menu she silently gestured to the Pinot Noir for drink and the chicken ravioli carbonara for her entrée. The waitress would move over to Simon and patiently wait to take his order when he was done saying what he had to say, if anything. When the waitress left to fulfil their orders, Natsuru continued with her pitch. "The plan is to invest in a storefront where we will keep a stock of both of our products. Following my calculations, after building the store and buying out the penthouse suite, we will both have roughly fifty-thousand ryo to invest
    in our own product. I strongly recommend a small promotional event after we open. Essentially, we sample out some of our cheaper goods to ninja willing to participate. It's easier to get into something new when you don't have to spend a thing."
    While Natsuru was unaware of what product Simon specialized it, she was confident what she had to offer was compatible. "And it should go without saying that profits are split fifty-fifty. Our revenue from the store and commission with sales, that is."
    Simon
    Simon

Post by Simon Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:15 am

His handshake is returned, a good sign on his end. Simon could tell that she appeared to be ecstatic at this deal, and whilst he himself didn't express it too much - he too can find a sense of reprieve here. Someone as young as himself - arguably as successful as himself in just different avenues... this certainly was a worthwhile time investment. One that's easy on the eyes as well, but that's the least of what he's paying any mind to. Retracting his hand, it comes to rest from whence it came, whilst the neat-locked Kageyama eases within his seat some. His posture remains straightened, of course, but the blonde finds himself sated enough to ease some of the tension within his body, so far.

Whereas she had to experience exploitation, for the most part things were more straightforward for him. In the same way a certain 'Dragon' from Kamurocho rose to economic relevance, Simon climbed from the bottom of the barrel with tooth & nail. He oft was presented with the dangers of others in the same category of work as him - seeking out his success for the sake of their own gain. But incident after incident, the businessman learned, adapted and overcame. A lot of the competitors he once had within Kabukicho were gone, either ran out or simply defeated and assimilated into the masses of those who lost themselves to the drug market after giving up. It was sad, in a way, but he'd never imposed it on them, never seeing a chance at losing free will as worthwhile. They were better off dead then shadows of their former selves, even if their former selves kept him up at night with threats, visitations and constant pressure for delving into their domain. But he can certifiably say that only recently has he actually dipped into the more professional side of things, beginning to grow their courtesy of his renown as some sort of 'prodigy' shinobi... if those even exist.

A slight nod's offered her way in response to that brief comment about business - before the binder is presented to him. Whatever perfume-engorged scent might've rubbed off onto it from her mostly slips into the background whilst a hand of his extends forth, resting upon the edge of it for now. His cobalt gaze remains locked onto her as she elaborates, speaking with the flow & confidence of someone who definitely appears to be onto something. He'd never actually knew she was capable of handling weaponry and armor, too, but that's delighting news. It adds an angle of versatility and better accomodates the crowd that they'll most likely target the most - fellow members of Kumogakure's military like themselves. With the arrival of the restaurant's waitress and the Senou beginning to order, Simon temporarily withholds his some of his thoughts, speaking in that space in which Natsuru doesn't.

"Your analysis couldn't be any closer. Beyond the occasional desire for medicine that's what I've found myself. I don't produce poisons myself, but it wouldn't be that bad of a business pursuit if I did - I hear of requests for them so often. . . but I've kept most of my production rooted to only one field." His gaze is upon the binder, mostly, fingers running along the edge in more or less a subconscious gesture amid that 'confession' of his own observations. His stare drifts up, midway through, whilst he's transitioning into a continuation. Mostly, a description of what he personally specializes in, and just the slightest indication of his thoughts on the trade.

"Most of my specialty lies in pharmaceutical end of things. It's the 'healthiest' approach to this sort of field that leaves its main market it taps into away from the external dangers you may have to worry about with something more spotty, like a narcotic." He peers at her, momentarily, to discern some semblance of her thoughts - before he transitions to ordering when the waitress moves to his side. He does it with tact that's more natural than it is rehearsed. Pinot Noir's already what they're rolling with in terms of beverage - so he had all the time in the world to choose his course. The blond had managed to luck out at least on that end - having spotted something that appealed to him very brief into his looking at the menu.

Shrimp Risotto with Mascarpone cheese is picked, here, more or less out of curiosity on his end. His reasoning - as quiet as kept as it may be? He likes seafood, and shrimp alike, and sees this as an opportunity to try out one of his more favored foods at a top-of-the-line spot for cuisine. Might as well eat at the top while he feels like he's slowly encroaching on it, just this once. The floor is the Senou's once the waitress is gone, leaving the Kageyama to silently listen and occasionally nod - whilst peeling the binder open steadily. He multitasks skimming her craft and hearing a bit more about her ideas, namely the follow-up she's been considering after what she'd already initially told him before. While it'd no longer let them sit on the fortune they've currently adopted, these are still big moves that were calculated and coordinated - seemingly by Natsuru alone. It's an impressive feat, and one that he notes on his own end.

"Mm. A promotional event does sound promising. It's an easy way to grab the attention of new customers while reminding our older ones." He agrees, having looked up from the binder once more. At least, if she hasn't prevented him from viewing the contents, he's impressed with what she has to work with. It's a similar angle to his own with.. of course, the touch of a different creator that Simon always likes to see. "- And of course. That's the ideal balance. Now..." His free hand shifts to his lap, retrieving that manila envelope of his, and presenting it to her visage before offering it for her own showing pleasure - in the form of what he too has concocted with his chemical expertise. That same lax smile that has hinted itself on his features showcases once more.

"It's only fair I show you what I have to offer, myself."
    Natsuru Senou
    Natsuru Senou

Post by Natsuru Senou Thu May 06, 2021 12:08 am

Her expectations were held up when it came to dealing with another new entrepreneur. The proposal was a success and initiated a good response from Simon, even encouraging him to get equally invested in the organization. It was moments like these that sparked her kind of passion for the field she chose. Some people were difficult, and that much was inevitable. But once a blue moon a client as well mannered as Simon would come along. And from here on it was simply a matter of designing an action plan and enjoying a tasty lunch together. No hard negotiations or shady practices. At least, none she could observe at this point in their agreement.

The waitress returned with their bottle of wine in an ice bath along with two glasses fresh from the rack. And with the bottle uncorked she quickly filled both glasses to the recommended serving amount. Typically a little less was had with her meals, but today was a joyous occasion. Something that beckoned a bit of celebrating and disregard of routine. The bottle was returned to the ice bath where it would remain chilled for the course of the evening. It was during the filling process was she presented with his own blueprints. She was a bit surprised to see him well-organized. His readiness only confirmed that the two had the same feelings when organizing this event— no nonsense.

She would take a brief moment the eye down its content merely appraise his plans as opposed to checking it for accuracy and effectiveness. He was certainly a journeyman in his field of study which was something she could ascertain by a brief overview. He knew his compounds and essentials of alchemy. Something very valuable indeed. "I see. You are a very competent chemist, much like myself of course. I can tell just from what I've seen that you know your audience. It's easy to craft product tailored to a particular group, like ninja or civilian use. However, appealing to all audiences is the key. And that's where money is had. We are logical enough to see that now, which means given time we'll likely become some of the most successful business owners without a doubt." Natsuru raised her glass with a wink before passing it to her lips, the wine running down her throat in all of its sweetness.

Setting the drink vessel down upon the tabletop she clasped both hands together. "This is all very good, but before I can truly be comfortable I must know what you are about. Your business principles and motivation for seeking a partnership. We're all in it for money to some extent. So I don't want to hear any kind of response like that. I want to know your true values."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:09 pm