Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

3 posters

Help with Clans ;_;

Jess the Plague
    Jess the Plague

Village : N/A
    Clan : N/A

Help with Clans ;_; Empty Help with Clans ;_;

Post by Jess the Plague Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:43 pm

So Im still new but i wanna do archery clan and make it stronk so people wanna make em.

Here is my concept so far but hopefully you guys can help me hammer it out. Dis my OC pls do not steal.

Ooc details; based on English Longbowman roughly. Gonna wait to see what opens up to make the clan leader in so thats why im keeping history out for meow.

[Hieldan]
    [Clan Location] 
    [Doujutsu: Boganego] 
    [Current Clan Leader] 
    ●[Current] 
    ●[Clan] 
    ●[Members] 
    Clan History/Description: This is the place to write out the history of your clan and a description of them overall. Start from as far back as you want, all the way up to current events, if you wish. Be sure to check with the site lore and the lore of the location you want to place this clan in so that it fits in smoothly. 
    Clan/Bloodline Traits & Characteristics:
    The clan members Dojutsu does not become visible until Level Two when they will have their eyes change to a pale lavender. This jumps to a neon purple when level three is achieved by a clan member. There are no physical characteristics but each clan member innately trusts other clan members while distrusting everyone else thanks to them Traveling here on boat recently.

Bloodline Description & Abilities:  
    Condional Chakra – Starting – Archery and Sensory do not require Seals IF the clan member has two hands on a bow. The clan member uses the bow as a conduit instead of performing the seals.

Boganego Level 0 – Starting – Passive + to Perception, +10 meters to all Archery jutsus, feats, and regular shooting. 

Boganego Level 1 – 250 xp – Passive ++ to perception, the clan member now adds 25 meters to their archery jutsus above rank B, 50 meters to S rank and 30 meters to their regular shots. 

Boganego Level 2 – 250 xp – Becomes blind but instead granted sensory for no upkeep, only activation. [Must have sensory] passive buff remains but does not increase. Sensory techs enjoy the same range boosts that Archery jutsu were afforded. 

Boganego Level 3 - 500xp – Increase in range in sensory/archery jutsus above rank B by another 25 meters, passive +1 tier to Perception. 

Spirit Arms [4] – 250 xp – Four mighty arms grow from the clan members back and can be used for most anything arms can be used for. They are longer than regular arms, and tangible but harming them will not cause the clan member to bleed. Instead if an arm is damaged they will need to spend chakra to repair it. These arms can be any color including transparent outside of combat but due to the clan member naturally having things like adrenalin pumping through them these arms change to a neon color during combat. Any form of combat. This cannot be metagamed out of even with X rank Intelligence. 

Chakra Arrows – 250 xp – Allows for creation of chakra arrows at clan members rank for chakra cost at their rank of perception. Limited arrows I assume per thread.

Chakra Line – Starting – Chakra that can be used as a bowstring, razor wire or a simple trap. Cannot be used for Bukijutsu other than archery or for puppetry. 

Ancestral Summons - 500xp – Allows the clam member to register hybrid summons that can be landmass animals or artifact landmasses, these summons seals can be placed on the clan members arrows and be summoned where they are shot. 

Spirit Wings/Tendrils - 1000xp – For a chakra cost the users can access the spirit wings, and tendril jutsu.

Bloodline Limits & Drawbacks: 
    Intensive Training Required for most abilities 
    Ijutsu must be taken but costs 4× the chakra to cast. 
    Must take Archery as starting skill. 
    Must take Sensory as starting Skill. 

Clan Techniques This is the place for any techniques that are related to your clan. This is a list that will be updated as you add more techniques for your bloodline, but to actually register those techniques, you'll need to use the Jutsu Registration forum. Be sure to include the "Group Exclusive" classification if you want only your clan to learn those techniques!  

[[work with me here, I don’t know things like xp costs or chakra costs so please correct me instead of assuming I want to spend more cp or xp than I need to. Thankies!!]]

Last edited by Jess the Plague on Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Manji
    Manji

Village : Kirigakure
    Clan : Kaguya
    Discord Tag : Manji

Help with Clans ;_; Empty Re: Help with Clans ;_;

Post by Manji Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:40 pm

Topic moved to discussions.
    Astaroth
    Astaroth

Village : N/A
    Clan : N/A

Post by Astaroth Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:08 pm

I'm not staff and this will hopefully mostly just be about sounding out a strong identity for the clan and smoothing off any particular edges that stand out to me as erroneous. Now that I've got my disclaimer out the way. Let's break it down from the top, shall we?

Gonna try making the ultimate guard for a village ^.^
    Just always watching O.O

So this will be the identity that you talked about and the one that I'll work towards as your fantasy conception for the clan.

Boganego Level 1 – 250 xp – Passive ++ to perception, the clan member now adds 25 meters to their archery jutsus above rank B, 50 meters to S rank and 30 meters to their regular shots.

The scaling here is strange and I can't really assign a mechanical + a narrative causation for it. Regular shots shoot further than B-rank archery jutsu. I would have imagined it would be the other way around. I'd look towards adding a flat range increase for projectiles in general and then letting each letter rank of a technique adding to that - using your original breakpoints as a guideline since they sound....reasonable.

Boganego Level 2 – 250 xp – Becomes blind but instead granted sensory for no upkeep, only activation. [Must have sensory] passive buff remains but does not increase. Sensory techs enjoy the same range boosts that Archery jutsu were afforded.
    I think you'll need to app the exact technique you're planning on using here, as is I don't know whether it will be canon or custom, or whether you'll be indefinitely sustaining eye of the Mind's Eye of the Kagura.

My advice here would to be to build around the pre-existing Eagle Eye that is part of the skill - which I'll quote here.
    Archers with A-Tier Perception can see with incredible accuracy, affording an ability commonly referred to as Eagle Vision. Their eyesight does not diminish with distance, blocked only by obstructions and the natural curving of the Earth itself.

Chakra Arrows – 250 xp – Allows for the creation of chakra arrows at clan members rank for chakra cost at their rank of perception. Limited arrows I assume per thread.

So, a hypothetical situation here. Using sensory, a shinobi could theoretically dump the requirement of having good perception by simply offloading it onto their sensory skill. Thus, an A-rank shinobi could then dump their perception to have access to easily producible A-rank munitions at an unprecedented efficiency.
    My thoughts are to untie it from perception as a stat check and simply run the default costs for letter ranks but allow them to produce the arrows or look at the samurai chakra flow stuff.

Ancestral Summons - 500xp – Allows the clam member to register hybrid summons that can be landmass animals or artifact landmasses, these summons seals can be placed on the clan members arrows and be summoned where they are shot.
    This is an interesting one - although I would need to see the contract to solidify my thoughts on it. To me, it would be an acceptable rework for it to simply state: can use arrows to summon creatures from the clan contract. Can then piggyback onto these artefacts to make large scale sensory networks. To tie it back to the original premise of someone guarding a particular area, I could see this being feasible. Less of a directive here and more of a proposal.

Spirit Wings/Tendrils - 1000xp – For a chakra cost the users can access the spirit wings, and tendril jutsu.
    Tendril jutus? Careful of stepping into EGF restricted taboo territory and having staff being annoyed about that. This seems to be like the 'get around quick' part of the clan. Unfortunately, reverse summoning yourself to your summons is probably a little too much like FTG in concept so I'll leave this to your discretion again. Just noting that tendrils seem a little out of place when considering an archer, thematically. Unless this is an evolution of the arms from before, and they become more like tentacles.

Ijutsu must be taken but costs 4× the chakra to cast.

I think this is excessive, from the perspective of sunk costs - there's already a huge demand for skill points in this clan and I don't see forcing someone else into taking a skill they have no desire to use as being reasonable. Especially when I don't think we've seen much of a medical slant from this clan so far. They're archers, not necessarily healers.

As a random idea, I could see a progressively expanded sensory range being fun. Like the longer a clan member stays within a 5x5 meter area, their sensory crawls outwards to a cap depending on their rank or progression of the clan bloodline. It rewards you for setting yourself up and holding people at bay with traps and arrows.

That's all from me I guess. Take it all with a grain of salt.[/quote]
    [/quote]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:15 pm