Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

2 posters

Off for a walk

Oda
    Oda

Village : N/A
    Clan : N/A

Off for a walk  Empty Off for a walk

Post by Oda Sat May 23, 2020 4:46 pm

Oda would walk calmly along a path in the mountain next to the great chasm. Looking out over the massive expanse for as far as the eye could see. His white eyes taking it in for a moment. For some such a vast expanse of nothing but empty space filled with mist giving it the appearance of endless depth might bring about despair. For Oda though it was calming. His clans homestead was at the end of this path. Easily wide enough for two wagons to pass through without danger of falling off the edge but mostly unused. He had walked up the path to appreciate the view at sunrise and now. Now he was watching the sun crest over the edge of the world so to speak. Casting an orange glow over the path and the sky. A cold breeze breaking through the path and threatening to freeze anyone crossing it. The cloads in the sky suggested it may snow again soon. However Oda didn't seem to mind it at all. In fact there was a clear path through the snow where he had walked. Melted clean away from the temperature he was putting off. A walking furnace. Literally.

Oda was a quiet man. Born to inherit the head of the Hinode clan and thus responsible for them. He often came to this pass to look for signs of trespassers seeking out his home. Sometimes though it was simply for the beauty nature provided. Though Oda was in his thirties he had the body and appearance of a fifteen year old. One might assume as much about him if not for his cold eyes. Pearl white eyes watching the sky. White hair fell around his head and shoulders wildly. However his long eyebrows were black and his sideburns were red like fire. His white robes were kept open with black cuff links over a black uniform. Black slacks over boots that were polished. His shirt was a button up the front with bronze buttons and a stiff collar. An old Odachi strapped to his back almost as tall as he was labeled him as a warrior. On the back of his robes that hung down to his calves was a symbol for Hinode. The clan that he stood at the precipice of. Still his hands were folded into his sleeves as he stood there watching the sun rise. A calm and graceful man.

1-10
    Kiyoko
    Kiyoko

Village : Minor Nation

Off for a walk  Empty Re: Off for a walk

Post by Kiyoko Sat May 23, 2020 6:26 pm

Kiyoko was taking some time to herself for the day. Her world had been a flurry of activity since returning to her homeland and she had barely had time to appreciate it. Since it had been so many years since she had walked these lands, and the time that she had spent here had been when she was a child, she thought it prudent to familiarize herself with the whole of the country as best she could. Now that she had more responsibility to ensure its safety. The Land of Iron was a remarkably beautiful place, temperate forests lining tall mountains, lush valleys and streams, all usually covered with a blanket of snow. She was still readjusting to the cold since her trip from the desert and knew she would be better off if she would just invest in warmer clothing. As it was her thin cloak did little to warm her, and her clothing - which she had ad hoc created to withstand the warmth of the Land of Wind - did little to add to her overall comfort. She would shiver as she walked, the elaborate straps and bandages of her outfit providing little resistance to the cold bite of the wind. She knew that if she just continued to walk at a good pace she would warm up soon enough, but the time it took to get to that point was less than ideal.

She had slipped out of the village quietly before dawn, not wishing to have her intended travels interrupted, and headed out towards the great chasm. She hadn’t seen it yet herself, only heard of it from her mother and father when she was small and was interested to see if it lived up to the tales she’d heard. She brought her katana as usual, always prepared for conflict, though she truly hoped there wouldn’t be any today. She was looking forward to a quiet and uneventful hike through the mountains. Despite her hopes though, her bright blue eyes would constantly scan the horizon, wary of anyone wishing to dispute the rebuilding of their lands. As she made her way through the snow and trees she noticed a path melted into the snow, by feet quite possibly on fire. Looking around she saw no other signs of distress, no broken branches or signs of a struggle, so she doubted that whoever it was that may or may not be on fire was in any sort of distress. WIth that thought her eyes would narrow and she would quicken her pace, she only knew of one person that could perform such a feat as yet, and she didn’t think he would be out here so early in the morning. Tying her long dark hair back hurriedly she would continue following the trail she’d found, eyes to the ground, only occasionally looking up to scan around her.

It was evident when she came upon the chasm, she would pause her steps and take in the impressive view. The sun just rising, it’s light casting an orange hue on everything it touched, morning mist swirling around between the cliff faces of the chasm itself giving the illusion of a bottomless sea of orange-tinted mist. Kiyoko found it, like nearly everything else in her homeland, breathtaking. Standing a ways off from her she saw a white haired man, arms folded into his sleeves, white hair reflecting the same orange hues of sunrise found on everything else around her. She also noticed the trail she had been following leading neatly up to where he stood, clearly armed with an Odachi. Her first instinct was to bark at the man and demand to know who he was and why he was here. But she had been attempting to be more socially aware as of late and decided against a rough introduction. Moving up so that she would be in at least his peripheral vision, she would bow and greet him. “Good morning. Beautiful. . . uh, weather?” She would falter part way through her sentence, still not entirely comfortable with social niceties.  

(10 exp)
    Oda
    Oda

Post by Oda Sat May 23, 2020 7:02 pm

Oda would quietly watch the sunrise until movement at the edge of his sensory range caught his attention. Of course at this range it wasn't all that impressive. Anyone that had spotted him first would still have the upper hand but this person was approaching slowly. He would calmly shift his gaze to her. A woman dressed poorly for the environment. A foreigner maybe? How odd. If she remained exposed to the elements too long she was not likely to get out with all her fingers. Frostbite was a real bitch like that. Still those pale eyes of his only regarded her as she approached with a calm gaze and a raised eyebrow. Of course he was curious but she wasn't moving like someone looking to engage in a fight. He looked young but something about those eyes. They seemed to regard her with a sense of maturity and calm. As if he didn't fear the weapon at her side nor saw a reason to reach for his own. He was studying her. Calculating and considering. He wasn't just some kid who had found his fathers sword. It was inherited but he knew how to use it. It had been part of his education growing up.

She would remark almost nervously on the weather and he turn to glance at the mist below. It had been meant as a bit of an icebreaker he supposed but for him it spoke volumes. The Irony of remarking on the weather when freezing was comical. However if she approached within ten meters of him the cold would fall away like she was standing next to a bonfire. He was radiating heat. Like fire was a part of his soul and blood. For someone so cold to contain such raging katon chakra might seem odd to others. Still he would speak and his tone was calm and without much emotion. His stoic expression far from showing his thoughts. "Some find it imposing. Such unknown depth. People always fear the unknown after all. Yet here you are, on a frozen mountain without the proper attire to survive. Are you perhaps a foreigner or is this some sort of personal endurance training for you?" He was abrupt and straight forward. An armed foreigner so close to home warranted questions in his mind. Much was unknown about her. Still he would continue watching the mist. With his sensory he would know if she moved and how. He needn't look directly at her to observe her.

2-20
    Kiyoko
    Kiyoko

Post by Kiyoko Tue May 26, 2020 5:40 pm

As she spoke to the child in front of her, Kiyoko was pleased to feel a moderate amount of heat radiating off of him. She had had a similar experience with Hagane, though his had been the result of a jutsu which she supposed could also be the case here as she’d only just run into the boy. His cold demeanor was an interesting contrast to the heat he exuded, not that she cared overmuch if he was friendly. Had he been more friendly she would have been even more suspicious of him; there had been many shinobi attempting to breach the borders of their lands as of late and shinobi were known for their underhanded ways and deceit. She listened impassively to his answer to her awkward attempt to start a conversation, deeply regretting choosing to speak of the weather. This was why she usually chose not to engage in ‘small talk’, it wasted so much time. In the same amount of time that they both had spoken she could have easily gotten the information she actually wanted and been on to more important things. His idea that she was a foreigner was met with a sardonic smile, it was mildly offensive of course but she rather suspected that was intentional. Or perhaps this young man was just as awkward as she was when it came to speaking with others more casually. Ignoring the offence of the statement she would gesture broadly to the landscape around them both.

“This is my home, though I have just returned from travelling.” She would gesture towards her clothing as she continued. “Hence the strange clothing, where these were perfectly acceptable where I was, here they leave a lot to be desired.” Kiyoko would take a moment to intensely study the man before her, his unusual clothing paired with what she considered to be a traditional weapon. He had made no moves that she considered to be aggressive and she felt moderately more relaxed about the situation, but without more information about him she was not keen to divulge her reasons for being here. It had been many years since she’d been here, perhaps the manner of dress had changed while she was absent. There really was only one reasonable way to find out, and that was to ask. “And you, you don’t appear to belong here. Though admittedly I am not as familiar with the dress in this region of the Land of Iron. I don’t mean to cause offence, I am merely being cautious.” As an afterthought she would introduce herself with a bow. “I am Kiyoko Ono, originally from the North Kingdom, and now from Tetsumura.”

(20 exp)
    Oda
    Oda

Post by Oda Wed May 27, 2020 2:26 pm

Oda would listen politely as the woman continued her story. Standing close to him even the breeze turned warm. As it passed him the wind heating up like standing in front of a stove with a fan in front of it. He didn't appear to be focusing on any jutsu though with his hands folded in his sleeves it would prove difficult to tell if he was weaving any hand signs. Still he didn't seem hostile. Those pale eyes settled on her quietly as she mentioned he didn't seem to fit in here either. It was true. His clothing would do little to help with the weather if it was on someone else. Honestly he had enjoyed the look for the aesthetics of it. No one else dressed like him around here because they valued not dying of exposure. However Oda was different by far. A fire burned hot inside of him at all times. He was so attuned to his katon element that he had never suffered the cold. He had never been able to play in the snow either. His very nature defied these snow capped mountains. He defied the everlasting winter here and the freezing temperatures keeping enemies at bay. You didn't invade Tatsumaru in the winter and it was still difficult in the summer.

Oda would let out a grunt as the orange slowly began to fade from the sky and the clouds rumbled slightly. His noise almost like one of humor. Still he would turn to fully face her as he studied her a moment. Those white eyes searching for something. A hint of being misled or perhaps open honesty in her eyes. His own eyes reflected nothing. Like the cold snow that avoided him so entirely. Still he would speak as he bowed his head. "Well met Kiyoko Ono, I am Lord Hinode Oda. Head of the Hinode clan. We have spent generations in these lands and now we serve the Iron Shogun. I will offer you aid in my clans homestead in the form of warm clothing and hot soup if you wish it. We won't have another life taken by the mountain if we can avoid it. I warn you though my people are less trusting than myself. Especially with the Blue Turban Rebellion. I would stay by my side if you will accept my offer young lady." He said as if he was far older than he appeared.
    Kiyoko
    Kiyoko

Post by Kiyoko Fri May 29, 2020 8:01 pm

Kiyoko almost laughed as she listened to the man standing in front of her mercifully, though likely unintentionally, keeping her warm. It had been some time since anyone had called her ‘young lady’, not that she was particularly old at just 24 but it still struck her as amusing. She would nod her head as he spoke though, rather than laugh, she doubted he would find the humour in it even if she was given the chance to explain. Once he was finished with his introduction she would bow again, more formally this time, in deference to his position as a clan leader. “It is an honour to meet you Lord Hinode. I am equally honoured by your invitation and will gladly accept. My apologies for being unfamiliar with the Hinode clan, perhaps you could tell me about them as we walk?” She would gesture for him to lead, in probably the wrong direction, she barely knew where she was let alone where they were going. Waiting until he replied or began moving she would ask the question that was plaguing her and she was far too socially unaware to not simply speak out loud. “You called me ‘young lady’, which I must say is rather strange to me. You look much younger than I am after all, is this a local custom? Some colloquialism I’ve simply been away too long to hear yet?” There was sincerity in her voice as she spoke, she had come out to this part of the country to learn of it.

(30 exp)
    Oda
    Oda

Post by Oda Sat May 30, 2020 2:10 pm

Oda would nod slowly as she accepted his offer and made way for him to pass her. He was suspicious still but it did little to dwell upon it. If there was to be true colors shown outside of what was already present he would no doubt be forced to act upon them then. Until that happened though it was important to remain civil and considerate of ones potential comrades. At least that was a part of his education. Part of what he was taught to be a good leader for his people. She mentioned wanting to learn more of the local clans such as the Hinode if he would share and white eyes would glance to her in silence a moment. Revealing his abilities could put him in a difficult position later. Or his clan could experience all over again what they fought hard to escape from. He would frown before he continued walking passed her down the mountain. Careful to keep a pace where she was easily meant to walk beside him. The snow around him melting. Even the fresh fallen powder would turn to water droplets in the air. He didn't seem to pay it any mind though.

"Our clan was once some of the proudest warriors in the country. A special type of military force that could withstand battles others would fall against. We were thought to be immortal because of our bodies natural yet incredible healing abilities. However it was discovered that it could be stolen temporarily from us and quickly we were enslaved to one lord or another and forced to keep them and their courts from ever dying. Our power turned against us and used for others gain. Warlords seeking to take over an empire. It was only a little over a hundred years ago that our clan rose up and what was left of us escaped. The sword on my back is an heirloom from my grandfather. It was used to gain our freedom."

He would turn and take a path going down into the ravine a little. Slipping down into the mist and for a while they would barely be able to see ten meters ahead down a road barely big enough for one full sized wagon. It didn't look very traveled. Still eventually they broke through the mist and beneath them was some farm land. Covered green spaces for growth in the winter to keep snow off the ground. Homes with some shoddy construction looked solid enough but as for the amount of homes there wasn't many. It looked like the people there of mixed ages but most of them looked young like Oda. There were children by appearance working the field or training with wooden Odachi in forms familiar to the clan. She would ask about him referring to her as young lady before and he blinked before smiling slightly as they entered the valley and began to walk towards the homestead. Eyes following them with frowns and suspicious eyes.

"Ah yes. My apologies. Due to our constant regenerative ability our bodies age slower. Likely about half the speed yours does. I am actually turning thirty one this year."
    Kiyoko
    Kiyoko

Post by Kiyoko Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:25 pm

Kiyoko walked along beside Oda, taking in the scenery while listening to him explain some of the history of the Hinode Clan. She found it very fascinating, and also horrifying that an entire clan - or anyone at all for that matter - would be enslaved like that. It filled her with indignant rage at just the thought of it. It wasn’t her fight, and it had clearly been handled expertly by the clan members themselves, but her visage did darken considerably. “No one should ever be treated like that. I am sorry that your people had to go through that.” She didn’t really know what to say, what could she say to a history like that? She would continue walking, her thoughts wrapped up in the atrocities that were most likely committed by shinobi, as they were the only group of people she’d seen that would consider that kind of cruelty acceptable. “You must be very proud of your grandfather.” She spoke carefully, hoping to not upset the man, though it seemed hardly possible as he didn’t seem to react with much emotion about anything she’d said so far.

As they descended into the ravine and below the mist line she found herself becoming more cautious, she was in unknown territory and now her vision was obscured. Oda had said that his clan served the Lord Shogun, and that was enough to allow her to trust he was at least trusted by Kensai, but keeping her wits was never a bad option in her opinion. Breaking through the mist she looked upon a small settlement; similar to what she had grown up in. A few homes scattered about, and were she not an outsider she suspected that the children she saw would most likely be running around and happily playing. Though as Oda explained his apparent age she rethought her position on whether or not they were actually children. For all she knew everyone here was middle aged. She chuckled awkwardly, clearly trying to deflect from the frowns directed at her. “So you’re actually older than me? That’s, well. That’s something. It seems I’m not exactly welcome here, I really do appreciate the offer of food and clothing however I also do not wish to cause your people any upset. I am grateful that you trusted me enough to bring me here. I had the intention of going out and exploring this region of our lands today in order to better carry out my duties. And this will go a long way towards that.”

(40 exp)
    Oda
    Oda

Post by Oda Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:26 pm

Oda would glance to meet the eyes of a scared child as they passed. This one was young. Perhaps ten but she appeared to be five. He knew her mother was a hardworking seamstress and her father a wheat farmer and an honest man. Not bad with the sword but certainly not a warrior. He saw fear in her eyes and knew where it stemmed from. For them slavery wasn't a part of their history. For some of them it was their past. They remembered bad days and told the stories to the young with haunted eyes. So much had happened to them and they were fearful of outsiders now. He had to prove to them that humans as a whole were not a bad people. Other people outside the clan could be trusted. Though when her eyes met his she did not see fear there. Those white eyes locked with hers and she stared with a start before smiling and waving. It was good to see at least some trust was there with their young. It was the children that reminded them sometimes how simple it was to simply show love to another. Still the woman walking with him spoke of being a bother and Oda would shake his head.

"My people do have a rough past and are fearful. This much is true. However that is no way to live. I would not have fear be the primary lesson taught to our youth. My people trust me and as you are with me you are here under my invitation. None will question that. It is a leaders duty to consider what is best for his clan. Here beneath the mists we survive but we do not thrive. I will have that no longer be the case. I will establish a relationship with the shogun and build my clan up to stand by his side so that with him we too can grow. " He would smile softly as they arrived at a humble house but with some of his brothers working already on their chores. His father nodded to Oda as he sat on the porch smoking a long pipe. Oda would bow his head in return before moving passed him and opening the door. "This is my families home. Please come in. My sister will prepare us tea. It is already warm inside. Unlike myself the rest of my family are more....normal."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:02 pm