Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

2 posters

Shards of Ice and Bone

Haruko Kaguya
    Haruko Kaguya

Village : Kirigakure
    Clan : Kaguya/Yuki
    Discord Tag : Jacobi

Shards of Ice and Bone Empty Shards of Ice and Bone

Post by Haruko Kaguya Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:20 am

Mission Name: Ambush
    Mission Type: Combat
    Mission Rank: B
    Mission Goal: Remove, kill and/or arrest the bandits.
    Description: Scouts have discovered a group of bandits beginning to gather along one of the roads to Kirigakure thinking to take advantage of a more well-to-do village on the rise by attacking our merchants. They are simple bandits without any skill in techniques or chakra, but their numbers are relatively high (Groups of 10-20, D to C-Class, no techniques). Take them out in whatever way you deem necessary, kill or arrest.
    Payment: 25,000 Ryo
    Requirements: 1 C-Class Ninja, or 2+ D-Class Ninja

The Kaguya-Yuki half breed had decided, in striving to become a better shinobi, she'd go to get a Mission assigned to her--and upon doing so she'd be picked for a higher ranked mission then her last. The Mission itself was straight forward enough, but did have its dangers--she couldn't go alone. She'd be assigned a partner for the mission. There was essentually no chance of this mission going down without a fight, likely involving killing these highwaymen...but Haruko had no issue with this. She'd suffered at the hands of men like them for years...tortured--starved--left dehydrated and weak--unspeakable acts performed weekly--not seeing the light of the sun for three years. Tonight would be no different, the sun had already set, the decision to perform the mission under the cloak of darkness done as night was when they was more likely to be there preparing for an ambush. The moon cast a diffused reflection of the sun, the gaze of light filtered through a subtle mist--the namesake of their village, Kirigakure no Sato.

Gentle footsteps carried a very short young woman towards the village gates, where she was to meet her teammate for tonight's mission. Her legs was mostly uncovered, sans bandage wrap running up the girl's left leg alone, the right simply with a small wrap about the arch of her right foot. She had no shoes, something it seemed common among some Kaguya. Her outfit comprised of a dress with a somewhat short skirt, only reaching halfway down her thighs. It would remain unseen, but she was wrapped in bandages under the skirt. She wasn't trying to give anyone more of a view then they deserved after all. The top would wrap up over her shoulders, but had no sleeves--topped off with a hood she'd have pulled up over her pure white locks, lacking of all color--an untainted snow. Overall her outfit was somewhat revealing, but also elegant.

Hues of azure ice hung half lidded and her gaze a bit low, watching the ground ahead of her but low enough she'd never see the faces of anyone she passed on the streets of Kirigakure. They had a distance in them, almost as if she wasn't in our world--rather she was lost within the depths of her own mind. She walked as if on autopilot. Her arms was bear besides an extra double wrap around her right wrist of bandages, a makeshift vambrace, there to protect her wrist from the snap of her bow's string of cartilage. She wished she had her hoodie pockets to slip her hands into, she was so used to it at this point--hiding in a hoodie--she was not used to her new outfit. It was something she'd gotten when she moved in with her AuntTeacher. The way she walked proved she wasn't exactly comfortable in it quite yet, but it didn't hinder her any--and that was the point.

Haruko made it too the village gates--just a bit early--her stepping up to one of the large doors that made up the main entrance to the village and turning on her heel, softly leaning against the door, the 4'10" Kaguya-Yuki hybrid dwarfed by the large gate door. Her oceans of ice fell low, nearly at her feet, as she kept her hands together, interlaced fingers hung low in front of her as she quietly awaited her assigned partner for tonight's mission. '...I wonder who it'll be this time' crossed her mind as she waited.
    Mitsuo
    Mitsuo

Clan : Yuki - Hyoton

Shards of Ice and Bone Empty Re: Shards of Ice and Bone

Post by Mitsuo Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:57 am

Shards of Ice and Bone BfremsJ

The sun began to crack through the window of Mitsuo’s room as it would lower in the sky while it set, which caused a disgruntled groan and the further pulling of blankets over his face. He had no interest in waking up today...or ever realistically. Life could sometimes be a very painful and unfortunate thing, and currently it was something he really didn’t want to deal with. He would argue with his consciousness until his mother would wrap her knuckles on the door and tell him he needed to get up and go on his mission tonight. He sighed and slowly opened his eyes, slowly getting out of bed and looking into the mirror as his white hair stood up on one side of his head. He shook his head and sighed once again, combing it down into a more reasonable place and dawning a simple white robe. He wasn’t going to put in more effort that needed today getting ready, but he would still do his best on the mission. He really wanted to show the village that he was useful, and therefore would always give his all.

The Yuki clan member would hug his mom before heading out the door, grabbing an apple and eating it on the way towards the village gates. The climate in Kirigakure was perfect for someone like him who naturally ran colder than a human realistically ever should, especially at night, and while many people were wearing coats his robes were more than enough to keep him comfortable. He would put on a smile and greet everyone he passed with a kind wave, hoping to brighten someones day by being pleasant. Just because he dealt with depression didn’t mean that everyone else had to deal with his sadness, and he was always one to try to brighten people’s days.

As he got to the gate he saw a diminutive young woman, seemingly around his age, though her height would have never relayed that information. She stood nearly a foot shorter than the not overly tall Mitsuo, and he would smile at this. She was also dressed very lightly, and that along with her white hair and blue eyes caused him to wonder if she may be a member of the Yuki clan as well. There certainly were a lot of them, far more than Mitsuo could keep track of. He would make his way towards her and bow courteously, smiling once more and introducing himself. “Mitsuo Yuki. Are you my partner today?”

(20 exp)
    Haruko Kaguya
    Haruko Kaguya

Post by Haruko Kaguya Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:05 am

Eyes of frost kept low and distant as time went on, although she wouldn't be kept waiting for too much time--not long after she arrived the young woman's ear towards the main walking path heading out through the gates from the heart of the village. The sound of footstep crossed one ear first before the other, her eyes shifting up--the young woman's head lifting a little with this shift in gaze, before she turned her head slightly and could see a young man, maybe even older teen, approaching the gates.

The taller man--well...lets be real, anyone was taller then Haruko--seemed to be in a robe and appeared as if he'd only just woke up a bit ago. Haruko figured maybe he wasn't the one she was meant to meet, he didn't at a first glance appear to be a Shinobi--maybe a civilian out on a stroll? But her moment of thought was quickly disproved as he approached her directly, once near enough bowing and casting a smile her way--introducing himself. The hues of ice opened a hint wider then their half-lidded shape before, for a moment looking up at the taller white haired man--likely meeting eyes.

The timid half Kaguya half Yuki woman would gain a very subtle blush crossing the bridge of her nose, not used to anyone bowing to her--at least not in a very long time. Even recently with those she'd met, none had yet do introduce themselves in such a manner. Her voice came out hushed and soft, a high note to it, but still quiet. "N-nice to meet you, Mitsuo-san...I'm Haruko." her tone reflected her timid nature. She'd return the bow, lower then he had, before rising back up. She pushed from the wall and took a hesitant step closer to the man, and offered him her hand for a handshake--albeit her movements sluggish. If he was to oblige her offer for a handshake, he'd likely instantly know just upon touching her and feeling how cold her blood ran, she too was a Yuki--at least half Yuki. "I hope...I don't disappoint you or hold you back tonight, Mitsuo-san."
    Mitsuo
    Mitsuo

Post by Mitsuo Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:11 am

It would have been difficult for Mitsuo not to notice that the young woman seemed to be extremely shy, her body language and face easily betraying her on this. When she spoke her voice would shake and as she shook his hand he knew it couldn’t be from being cold...only a Yuki could be as cold as she was and still function. He considered apologizing for his disheveled appearance, but at the same time he didn’t overly care about the way he looked and only wanted to do that in case it had upset her. Her comment would put him off a bit, considering he was never a stellar student in the academy and she was apologizing already for her performance.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Haruko...and please don’t worry. Just do your best and I believe we will be fine! I will do the same, and with the two of us I feel as though we can accomplish anything.” Mitsuo’s voice was calm and warm, extremely comforting. His greatest skill was his ability to make others feel at ease and confident through his charisma, the same way a bard would attempt to stir the hearts of his companions. He was an extremely charismatic person, and he wouldn’t let this woman believe that she was anything less than her best. “I’m looking forward to working with you and seeing what another Yuki can do...I generally only get to see my cousin in combat.” He would offer up another reassuring smile before nodding towards the road and preparing to walk. He didn’t have any weapons or tools, but that was okay. He was a Yuki...and that meant he was never truly powerless.

(40 EXP)
    Haruko Kaguya
    Haruko Kaguya

Post by Haruko Kaguya Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:58 pm

The tall Yuki man had taken on Haruko's offer for shaking hands, and it didn't take anyone long to guess that she had ice in her blood--or rather her blood was as cold as ice. Anyone the temperature of a Yuki who wasn't one usually was a cadaver in a freezer. While she heard him already mention he was a Yuki--the equally cold touch so different then the warmth of her sensei's hand in hers confirmed it for the young woman. With a soft grip she'd shake his hand before retracting her own, letting it fall to her side. Mitsuo's words to the Kaguya-Yuki hybrid would be a bit comforting, but her own insecurities held her back from letting him boost her confidence. This was likely noted by the fact her gaze dropped to the ground between them.

"I'll try my best.." she'd say with her hushed tone, if it'd been busier around the gates--he likely wouldn't even have heard her. But being rather quiet at night made her words audible. She'd glance back up with her seas of vast eyes, the azure hues a mix of their cold icy color, but warmed with a spark of life within them. This was different then the woman who only a couple weeks before wouldn't hardly step out of her home...she had been soulless--hopeless--lost...but she'd been found and given a faint light of hope in the past few weeks, and it'd be reflected in her frosty gaze.

Still, her eyes wouldn't meet his again, having stopped to focus more on Mitsuo's lips as the younger man spoke, expressing the desire to see what another Yuki could do. Her left hand reached across her stomach and lightly gripped onto her right arm, eyes shifted off to the side as they showed a hint of her fearing she was going to disappoint him already. "I can't use my powers over Ice...I haven't learned how yet. I om...well..." instead of saying what she could do, she'd simply demonstrate it. She reached up and would pull her hood back, shaking out her pure snow white locks a bit before lowering her head and hovering her hand over the base of her neck. Show, don't tell--right?

The sound of bone and ice cracking and creaking could begun emitting from her, and while he couldn't see it by standing in front of her, from behind one could see her back essentially crawling, shifting, molding--all under the skin. A piece of the young woman's spine would begin to protrude from the base of her neck, and she'd grab it. She took a step back from him to give more room--her nearly back against the gate again--before with a yank she ripped out her own spine, it replaced instantly. The spine shifted and mutated in her hand, slowly twisting and turning into the familiar shape of a bow using a string of cartilage used in place of regular bowstring. This bone was an obvious mix of Kaguya Bone with hints of Yuki ice infused into it--no different then regular Kaguya bone...but much more unique in its icy off white blue tint and sections broken away to reveal hints of ice. She'd grip the bow by its handle in the center, and display it for the man. It was obvious she had Yuki blood in her, but her powers so far had manifested that of the Kaguya bloodline.

"...My a-apologies, I didn't tell you my full name when introducing myself...I'm Haruko Kaguya. Mmm...feel free to lead the way, Mitsuo-san."
    Mitsuo
    Mitsuo

Post by Mitsuo Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:29 am

The young Yuki clan member would hear his distant cousin speak of how she didn’t know how to use her ice, and he was curious to know what kind of fighting style she would bring to the table. He personally couldn’t think of what he would do without his natural affinity, not being the most overly fantastic shinobi to begin with. He was alright with a sword and with his fists, having obviously studied them in the academy, but he wasn’t stellar at anything...besides talking of course. He would continue to make his way along the path thinking on this until the unfortunate sounds of bones cracking were easily audible and he watched the small woman pull a length of bone out of her neck and turn it into a bow. It was one of the more disturbing things he had seen, but he did know that the Kaguya were people who were able to do that.

Interesting, a Yuki Kaguya...

She confirmed this with her name as he used his hyoton chakra to make a beautiful Katana out of ice, passing his hand over to form it before gripping it in his palm. He would examine the blade and noticed it was a perfect piece, smiling and nodding as he made his way along the path. “Worry not once again my friend. If you fight from range and I fight in melee, we will absolutely have no issues with anyone we come against. Let us make haste towards our charge, the village is counting on us!” He was being as chipper as he could to keep spirits high as they made their way along, keeping an ear out for any out of place sounds while they moved.

(60 exp)
    Haruko Kaguya
    Haruko Kaguya

Post by Haruko Kaguya Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:06 am

Haruko would let the man lead the way as they would start down the path, through the gates and leaving the village. She'd watch as he'd bring forth his own weapon, a swipe of the hand forming a sword of ice, perfectly crafted. Both of them was able to form their own weapons, one of bone, one of ice. Both works of art in their own rights. Haruko couldn't help but feel a bit envious...she knew she was a Yuki, she had learned of her heritage in a rather dramatic scene the other day, but...she couldn't manifest and control ice like Mitsuo or the others could. She had not yet opened that page in her inner book of abilities. She wished she could...the woman's icy hues focusing on his sword for a moment as she stayed quiet, hearing his words but continuing her silence.

Her eyes shifted to looking forward, albeit a bit low, her gaze on the ground maybe 10, 20 meters head. She continued to let him lead the way, following the path towards their destination. They had been getting news of a group of highwaymen ambushing traders for easy valuables...Kirigakure had dispatched the two Genin to stop them. A simple task in theory, but would the theory hold up in practice. Likely it would though, there was no indication they posed much of a thread, none of them trained shinobi--just simple thugs. Compared to the two Genin, together, they posed a much higher threat. If they could work together during this mission, it would be a success for sure.

Haruko glanced back over to Mitsuo, then back to his sword...then back to him. "Omm....M-Mitsuo-san?" she'd begin, slipping the bow around herself so it would free up her hands. "If...you don't mind, may I see your ice sword? Its...really beautiful." she'd say in a timid tone, hoping she wasn't stepping on his toes by asking if she could get a better look at it--even try it out. She couldn't make them...yet...she wished to know what it was like.
    Mitsuo
    Mitsuo

Post by Mitsuo Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:32 pm

The Yuki member cocked an eyeball as the girl requested to see his sword. He had never thought that anyone would want to check it out, but he imagined for a Yuki who couldn’t use their hyoton it was a far larger deal...It seemed like there was a chance that he could help her to feel closer to that side of her family and maybe help re-instill some confidence in the young woman. He would hand it to her without hesitation, a soft smile on his face as he did so and continued to walk.

“I can easy create another if you want to hold onto that one for now, but judging by your...spine bow? I feel as though swords probably aren’t really your style.” If she decided to keep it he would create another just as easily, as well as a second, and if not he would just keep one, before spotting movement along the path in the distance. He would frown, looking around to see if there were any others around them, and instantly tense up as he prepared for combat. He still wasn’t the most powerful or prolific fighter, but he was willing to give it all he had.

“Be prepared, they’re close...”

Mitsuo would have his left sword forward, point facing his enemies as the left hand sword was held behind his head in a gunslinger stance. His left foot was forward, right slightly back at shoulder width and knees slightly bent while he stood on the ball of his foot for extra spring in his step. He watched them make their way towards the pair of them, prepared to spring into action, but waiting for his partner to make the first move as she was the ranger...

(80 exp)
    Haruko Kaguya
    Haruko Kaguya

Post by Haruko Kaguya Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:23 am

Haruko noticed the raised eyebrow and sank a little as she walked, automatically assuming she'd asked something he wasn't okay with. She was about to apologize and say nevermind, but her assumption of his expression was wrong it seemed, the taller Yuki offering her the sword with a smile. She hesitated only a moment, unsure if she should take it, but she'd go ahead as the man spoke of how he could easily make another if she wished to hold onto it. He also had the thought that swords likely wasn't her style...an understandable assumption--she wielded a bow, she was small--she didn't look like the physical type. But...Kaguya were known for their Taijutsu and Kenjutsu skills, and Haruko was no exception there.

She took the sword and would examine it for a moment. "Its really nice...if you don't mind I'd like to see how well I can use it..." she said quietly, dropping back enough to give enough space for her to move without endangering him with the longsword. She'd give a couple skillful slashes, movements someone who hadn't been used to using swords could do...maybe she did know her way around a sword after all. But she didn't have long to admire the sword of ice--of which the cold feeling didn't bother the half-Yuki woman--as Mitsuo seemed to spot trouble. Her eyes lifted from the blade as the man warned her to be prepared, her nodding. Having no where to exactly store the longsword, she'd make one...bones would shift and poke out from her shoulder, giving her a makeshift holder for the sword.

She'd remove her bow from around her in order to prepare and halt her walk, letting him go ahead as she would place the sword over her back in a way very similar to how her teacher would carry the large famed blade of the Mist over her back, affixing it to the makeshift bone brace, letting another grow out near her lower back to keep the blade's tip from jabbing her and sturdy it upon herself. "I'll support you from back here, but if you need me I'll charge in." she'd say, affirming her role as 'ranger' in this fight. She was the archer of the two after all, even if her other skills lend better to close quarters combat.

She'd quickly extend an arrow of bone from her palm and lace it with the bow, pulling it out with the front grip before fully slipping it onto the string and pulling it back, taking aim. She'd channel just a bit of chakra into the arrow of bone before firing it. The arrow flew through the air and whizzed past her partner for this Mission, somewhere off to his left, towards the charging highwaymen. With a half tiger seal, the chakra she implanted into the arrow activated, and it suddenly split apart, bursting out into a number of shards. These would strike multiple of them as it spread out, nothing fatal, but easily diminishing those they hit.

She was already forming another arrow and lacing it up with her bow, the arrow of bone sharpened with a twisted point. This one would be a drilling shot...one could almost feel bad for whomever was going to be on the receiving end of this one. But before she could fire, she heard something behind her. Quickly turning the girl dropped the arrow and used her bow--it itself made of the hard Kaguya bone--to block an incoming sword attack from one who'd managed to sneak behind them in anticipation of the ambush. She almost crumpled under the man's strength, but with a turn she'd deflect his Wakizashi to the side and be able to leap back, gaining enough distance to draw the blade of ice she'd been gifted with earlier.

As the man charged forward after her she dropped her bow and charged forward too, both hands on the sword as she'd keep the blade low, once approaching bringing it upwards for a swift slash, catching the man's face with the extra length of the longsword vs the shorter Wakizashi, herself able to avoid his slash in the process. There was nothing the attacker could do but fall face first and gargle the blood they would drown in. She affixed her blade back to her makeshift holder and gathered her other weapons--taking aim with the bow once more while her icy hues looked to see how he was doing in all this.

[150/150. Learned Yajirushi Hahen ('Arrow Splinter')]
    Mitsuo
    Mitsuo

Post by Mitsuo Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:34 pm

When he noticed that the young woman had sprung into action he would rush forward, ducking and weaving bodies left and right, keeping his footwork so that he wouldn’t be caught in a position where movement would be difficult. His feet would never cross, as that would be an unfortunate thing that would leave him off balance. He would block a spear coming at him with a downward slash, catching the quoins of his weapon on the hilt and driving it into the ground as he ran along the weapon and used the other sword to quickly dispatch the individual before turning on his heel and blocking another attack coming at his right side with a left hanging guard and thrusting his right blade into his face.

The flourentine style of sword fighting was something that was truly beautiful to behold, and Mitsuo was somewhat competent with it. Each block was complimented with an attack with the opposite blade, and it was a whirlwind of simultaneous attack and defence that could be extremely difficult to penetrate. On one thrust he would allow the blade to stay lodged in the sternum of a bandit long enough for him to form a quick handsign, channelling his suiton chakra and creating two identical clones of himself, which would both create their own ice swords. The three Mitsuo’s would go on a tear, their skills easily more than a match for the group of bandits that he was facing, and he would mop them up easily enough.

He could only hope that Haruko was having a similarly easy time with the people she would be fighting, but he didn’t doubt that the woman was doing well. Each and every one of the bandits was outclassed the minute they stepped against a pair of shinobi, and he knew for a fact that they would suffer for it.

(100 exp)

{Learned Water Clones}
    Haruko Kaguya
    Haruko Kaguya

Post by Haruko Kaguya Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:47 am

Haruko looked down range and would see Mitsuo had been taking out a good number of them, a few bodies spread about the man as he would be a dance of blades, her watching for just a second in awe of his abilities--even if they was within range of her own abilities with a sword. She'd spot two of the highwaymen trying to come up behind her Mission Partner, and while surely he had it handled, she wouldn't let him fight alone. She'd form two arrows from her shoulder and pull them out, lacing the duo of arrows of bone and hints of ice along the string of cartilage, and pulling them back. She took aim and released the arrows, before quickly rushing forward after them, deciding to join in the up-close-and-personal fight.

The Kaguya-Yuki hybrid ran towards the action, absorbing her own bow back into herself and her forming a somewhat lengthy blade from bone in her palm, her ripping it out and placing it in her right hand, where her left hand went to retrieve the sword Mitsuo had gifted her for use during this mission just moments before the fight broke out. She charged in and would leap into the air--the movements of her swords hard to see within a 5 meter range as she twisted herself into a spin, cutting down three of them before landing. She'd spin the blade of ice into a reverse grip and jab it backwards and up, straight up into one of their chins, leaving the man with a horrifying expression on his face as the tip of the blade popped out the top of the skull.

Ripping it out she'd switch her grip on the blade, her azure hues switching from side to side as she took note of every enemy in front of her. Using the style known to be used by the young woman's clan, Dance of the Blossom, each of her movements precise and fluid, although at somes unpredictable--Haruko dismissing two more as they charged in to fight her. She turned to look back at Mitsuo, checking to see if he was doing alright, making sure he had them handled. The issue is, this opened herself up for an attack, and two of the enemies took the opportunity, charging in towards the short female from behind.
    Haruko Kaguya
    Haruko Kaguya

Post by Haruko Kaguya Mon May 25, 2020 6:05 am

Haruko noticed just in time the two whom tried to attack her while she'd left herself open, barely able to bring the sword of ice she'd been presented by Mitsuo to block the oncoming attack--and as the young woman's eyes narrowed--a small rage came over the girl. She quickly dispatched the attackers...heads rolling, literally. Haruko would put away the sword by stabbing it into the ground before crossing her arms, growing a number of kunai made of bone along her forearms before swiping them off into each hand smoothly. In a barrage of bones, she'd release these calcium kunai with accuracy, quickly taking out any of the remaining bandits.

With this it seemed the two of their work was done. She'd give her teammate for the day a bow and even present him the sword he'd let her borrow earlier, even if it was just gonna go away soon anyways. With that, Haruko would return to the village, reporting the mission a success.
    Mitsuo
    Mitsuo

Post by Mitsuo Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:32 pm

Mitsuo would thank his mission partner for the day, before making his way home after a day of work well done.

(Exit Thread, mission complete)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content