Neo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! We have moved our site to https://neclipse.jcink.net/index.php

2 posters

Even an Alpha has to gain strength

Tengoku
    Tengoku

Village : N/A
    Clan : N/A

Even an Alpha has to gain strength Empty Even an Alpha has to gain strength

Post by Tengoku Sat May 23, 2020 6:17 pm

Tengoku had entered the training facility earlier. Just before the sun had risen into the sky. He had swiped his identification card at the front desk and gained access to the majority of the training facility. Only the locations reserved for Jounin were closed to him. He was a Chunnin of the leaf after all. His Wolves had remained behind this time. Not one to mix the beasts of the wilds with the so called civilized humans. Though he thought they were the true animals. He had seen mankind put blood in the water just to gain some property or take something away from another out of jealousy. They took far more than they needed to survive and would murder out of pride. His last mission had taught him how much hate he could expect from man. How quickly they wished to end his life for their own greed. His skills had proven lack luster in that mission and neither his sister nor himself had gotten out of it unscathed. He had killed to survive. He had killed to protect. He kept telling himself that but the truth was he had killed to punish. He had taken a life simply because they were wicked men.

For now Tengoku would enter into a floor from the elevator that was designed to represent a forest type setting. Dense tree's and foliage and the light of day mimicked to the time it was outside. The air was cold and moist like a forest directly after a heavy rain. He would reach out and touch the bark. The tree's were either real or really well manufactured. Tengoku would be dressed simply today with a pair of black slacks over boots. He wasn't wearing his flak jacket today but instead a black button up with the top three buttons undone revealing some of his chest. He was also wearing a large black wolf fur coat a little bushier around the shoulders. The repurposed fur of the crazed Alpha he had taken down. On his left hip were two swords. The basic Katana from before and one more advanced one with a seal on the hilt. The second sword was of far superior make. Forged from chakra and made permanent with a seal. His hair hung messily around his head as his wolf like ears twitched. Only thing different about him now was a scar going down his right eye which he kept closed for the time being. It still felt sensitive to the light.
    Kagura Ezume
    Kagura Ezume

Village : Konohagakure
    Discord Tag : Colt#6587

Even an Alpha has to gain strength Empty Re: Even an Alpha has to gain strength

Post by Kagura Ezume Sun May 24, 2020 2:04 pm

Kagura had seen Tengoku approaching the Grand Training Facility and couldn't help but frown, noting that his wolves weren't with him. She had felt that they were an extension of his family, and she had wanted to give them some behind the ear scratches, but that was something that was going to have to wait for the moment. She had waited out of sight, but considering his level of senses, she doubted that she had been concealed at all to him. If she had managed to be able to sneak up on the man, perhaps she would have done the little Academy joke, tapping on his right shoulder while standing to his left and back a little to see if he would look over the wrong shoulder. With some people, she might have been able to pull it off, but not Tengoku… the man she knew had far more potential than he was letting on.

So she simply approached him as he paused inside the particular floor that he had chosen. She was in a new uniform from last time, a much higher quality than last they met, but that was intentionally. You couldn't be the apprentice of the Hokage and walk around the village in rags, or it would look bad. The brunette gave him a warm smile. "Good Morning Sir. It's nice to see you again." She gave him a quick bow of her head, and then locked eyes with him, showing the man the utmost respect, as always. She then presented him with a Bokken, the wooden training sword supplied from the equipment closet, as a gesture of her intent. "A lot has happened the past couple of weeks... would you do me the honor of training with me again?"

[1]
    Tengoku
    Tengoku

Post by Tengoku Sun May 24, 2020 11:56 pm

Tengoku would shift slightly and stop walking as his ears twitched. Sneaking up on him would indeed prove difficult without a sufficiently useful technique. This close to him he could hear her heartbeat. Like a slow rhythm in his ears. A song unique to each person. Slowly he would turn to her. His scar over his closed eye apparent now. Pale and a focus point now on his face. Still he would smile as his silver eye settled on her. A gentle girl he had met once before and fought. A recent graduate at that. Still she wasn't really suppressing herself. His passive sensory would begin to pick up on something. He would focus it as he let his silver eye study her. Her chakra, It was incredible. He hadn't ever sensed a chakra pool like that before. He couldn't really grasp the depths of it. Somehow over such a short time she had changed. It enveloped her and he could almost make it out like a face. The pressure of it was slowly giving him a head ache just from observing it. He had to turn his sensory off as he felt himself beginning to sweat. His right hand rising to clasp his forehead as he gasped for air.

She would greet him calmly and provide him with a training weapon. He would grasp it and look from it to her. Was she toying with him? There was no way this girl was just some genin fresh from the academy. He would narrow his eye as he watched her a moment before letting out a sigh. Speaking as he walked over to a rack of training gear. "I would happily oblige your request, but I doubt I will be much of a challenge to you." He would state calmly now. Having pushed out his fear of that chakra. He could still feel it. Like gravity increasing. A pressure weighing on him. He would secure his two swords on a rack for safe keeping before picking up a second training sword. Giving both a quick slash in the air before twirling them. His silver eye resting on her once more. "As I am, I doubt I would be a challenge for you. Not without you holding back considerably. I don't know how you surpassed me so entirely but I can still sense that much at least. If you went all out, I wouldn't last a second."
    Kagura Ezume
    Kagura Ezume

Post by Kagura Ezume Tue May 26, 2020 9:00 am

Kagura's focus would shift from the man's face in general to the new scar that was now placed over the man's closed eye, and her eyebrows would slowly knit together in concern over the new wound. Something had happened here. That concern only deepened as his eyes would lose their focus waned as he looked at the brunette and he seemed to be in some sort of pain. She stepped forward, invading his personal space just slightly but only because she placed a single gloved hand on the man's shoulder, trying to steady him for a moment and express physically more than verbally that she was worried about him. Was he feeling ill? No, something had happened when he had looked at Kagura herself, although she couldn't fathom what... perhaps something with his Sensory techniques but that was even more concerning, as that meant there might have been something wrong with Kagura herself to bring him to that point. Whatever it was, she needed to get to the bottom of it.

Before she could speak on the subject, however, he spoke to her, claiming that somehow he was no longer going to be a challenge to her, and she began to piece it together slightly. Withdrawing her hand, she gave his space back to him, not knowing him well enough yet to know if he was the type to be alright with physical contact regardless if it had only been out of concern. Maybe he would clarify, as her intentions would be plain as day, but that wasn't the problem at the moment, but instead what else needed to be addressed. "Sir, you are quite mistaken. Yes, I have gotten stronger, particularly with my endurance, but what I lack is experience. I have yet to step outside these village walls and truly test my skills in the real world, and to that end, you are still definitely my senior. I also told you that I would seek you out once I gained the fundamental understanding of my element." She raised her Bokken, activating Chakra Flow on the blade, which then began to dance with lightning surrounding the wooden practice weapon, but then quickly ceased the activity, her explanation that she had uncovered the element done.

"But before that... perhaps you can tell me what happened?" Her eyes moved from the one open silver eye to the one that had the scar and was closed for a moment, knowing he would understand what she was asking about.

[2]

Tengoku
    Tengoku

Post by Tengoku Tue May 26, 2020 6:03 pm

Tengoku would listen to her words about him being her senior because he had been on missions outside the walls. He would pause his attempts to get a feel for the two training swords to glance at her. She didn't know what was out there. She didn't know that outside the safety of the village it was kill or be killed. He hadn't expected it himself. The darastic change once he had traveled outside those gates. One mission was all that really stood between her and himself in experience. The one mission had almost cost him his life and at the very least his eye sight. The scar over his right eye ached still and his vision was still limited due to bright light hurting him more now. It would fade in time but for now he kept it closed. He would grunt at the idea that she thought him more experienced. He had wondered after that mission if he was cut out for this after all. Some part of him had enjoyed killing those who had tried to kill him. He had put them down with the help of his team but he had lost his temper in the process.

Still she would inquire about his scar and he would look down. Ashamed of it. A mark of his shame clinging to him. He would sigh before speaking quietly. His words felt like they might weigh him down even more. Humility had been taught to him. "I wasn't prepared. I was part of a team to take down a bad man but we had to gather evidence against him first. We were over confident and thought we could slip in and out easily. Truth was they made us before we ever got into town. When we attempted to get into the building we were ambushed by skilled operatives. Once we had dealt with the apparent ones I was foolish enough to let my guard down and it nearly cost my life. You suggested I was more experienced than you but truth is I only survived my failures as a shinobi. I...I have to get stronger. I have to become more than I am now. I know there is potential within me but I just can't seem to reach it. "
    Kagura Ezume
    Kagura Ezume

Post by Kagura Ezume Fri May 29, 2020 10:42 am

Kagura listened, and as he explained, she could see how he had some deep regrets about what had happened, and more appropriately, how it had happened. She simply nodded as he spoke... ensuring that he knew she was hearing him and processing the information. This all made Kagura a little nervous; despite all her training and strength, she knew that no real plan survived a test on the battlefield. The ability to adapt and roll with the punches, she had been taught, was the ultimate way to survive any form of combat or mission that hit any sort of snag. His mission had certainly gone side-ways, but it was a wonder why he hadn't had his eye healed with the medics. She hoped it wasn't permanently damaged in any way. She did however reach out and put a hand on his shoulder, a physical gesture of reassurance as she began to speak.

"You made it back in one piece. I'll call that a win, as your friend, regardless of the outcome of the mission itself. No harm in living to fight another day most of the time. We aren't promised tomorrow in our line of work... but let's train hard together so we make sure that next time a wrench is thrown into our plans, we are strong enough to just throw it right back. Sound good?" She had done a great many things in that small bit of speech, and it was only emphasized by a warm smile. The brunette had formally declared Tengoku as a friend, first off, and not just a mentor. She proved that the value of one's life versus the success of a mission had to be weighed properly because in most cases, there was always the next time so long as you survived to try again... and she made a silent promise to help him get stronger.

[3]
    Tengoku
    Tengoku

Post by Tengoku Fri May 29, 2020 1:45 pm

Tengoku would stare straight ahead as she placed her hand on his shoulder and spoke reassuring words. His frown apparent as he was lost in his own thoughts. There wasn't a look in his eye like he had given up though. There was something else there. A cold energy. A need to get stronger and a will to do anything it took to reach those heights. He was going to push himself to new heights. Limits be damned. He felt his jaw locking and would force himself to relax. He wanted to be more. He wanted to be everything he needed to be. But if he pushed too hard he was going to break first. His eyes looked harder than before. Experience was what she said she lacked but the truth was experience meant dealing with losing control at times. Some men were dead, his sister and himself had been wounded. They had been promoted and hadn't understood the difference in mission level. Such a huge jump from C rank field work to B rank. He had fought to survive before ever considering the mission. He wasn't going to take that lying down. He wasn't going to cower before borderline failure.

She removed her hand and he stepped about five meters away from her. So many had said he wouldn't make it. There was no way his shy self could get through missions like that. His shoulders rolled as he prepared himself. He knew he couldn't just fake confidence anymore. The Hokage had seen right through his weakness and warned him of the cost. He hadn't understood then but now. His hands tightened audibly on the leather wrapped handles of the wooden training swords. The leather whining from his grip. He would take a breath and focus himself. Turning to face her as his right eye opened. It had some medical preformed on it. The cut on his eye was mostly healed though the eye itself was still blood red around the silver Iris. It made him look like a mad man. Still his eyes focused on her as he would spread his stance. Shifting defensively. He intended to hold his ground. His swords crossing in front of him with the right one vertical and the left one horizontal. A solid defensive pose.His words spoken matched the seriousness in his eyes.

"I will move forward and get stronger. Like a good soldier I will move forward. I can feel that I can do more and if you are willing to help with that I will follow your lead. Come at me friend and I shall fight back despite your strength."
    Kagura Ezume
    Kagura Ezume

Post by Kagura Ezume Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:01 pm

Kagura nodded at his words, noting his physical reaction to her words. Something pretty serious must have happened during that mission... especially if it meant that both he and his sister had gotten injured. His eye didn't even make her blink or flinch in the slightest; she was no stranger to injury because of her maimed parents and how she had to take care of them more often than not when she was home. He was shifting into a defensive stance, and in perfect harmony, she shifted herself into her own stance. She could tell that this would be a good battle, but not for the normal reasons. He wanted to be stronger, and this was the perfect place to do it. It was one of the reasons she herself had advanced so quickly as well, and if she could help advance another ninja to similar heights, that would do nothing but benefit the village.

Thinking for a moment, she knew that the biggest thing she would need to hold back would be speed... she knew how quick she had become because it had been front and center of her focus during the training she had done with Akari. Surely Tengoku had at least heard about that; a new Genin swordswoman training under the direct tutelage of the Hokage was something that often would make the news and be talked about around the village. Her name probably had even been mentioned, but that would only apply if he had been paying attention or staying in any sort of populated area to overhear it. She gave him a wide smile, and her voice was both firm and warm, trying to convey the friendly atmosphere she was trying to emit before they started. "Let's get strong together, Sir." It was more than a statement, but a promise... and she lunged forward only at a portion of her speed, preparing to adjust it in order to match him and get a good, clean spar.

[4]
    Tengoku
    Tengoku

Post by Tengoku Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:36 pm

Tengoku would watch as she shifted. Her words like a distant echo to him. There was something else about him now. Something slumbering deep within him. Something that had woken briefly during the mission that he was yet to understand. The beast within that was fighting for survival. A thing that was another side to his usually timid self. For now though it had returned to it's deep sleep. He could sense it within himself now. They said that there were two wolves in any person. One wolf was lazy and scared. This wolf was named fear. The other was strong and dedicated. Filled with willpower. This one was named Courage. As one goes through life each decision they make feeds one of these two. The truth was he had fed fear almost all his life and left courage to starve for so long. However he had learned hard life lessons that way. He had allowed himself to be weak all this time. He had allowed himself to be lazy and scared but now he was pushing forward. He wouldn't back down now. Not this close. Not when he knew he could be greater. He swallowed his doubts and hardened himself. Today he would feed courage.

He would watch her launch forward and charge him. Someone who was getting stronger right in front of him. Someone who had dedicated themselves to training with the Hokage. His silver eyes tracked her every move. She was quick. However something about the way she moved wasn't strained. She was holding back. Barely having to try to keep up with him at all. He would frown. She had matched him mere days ago but now she had surpassed him. Damn it. He would step forward himself and burst into a sprint moving low. As they drew close to clashing the front sword would move to attempt to parry her weapon upwards while his body dropped into both knee's down in a slide. His second sword sweeping at her ankles as he attempted to slide passed her. His first sword that had attempted to knock her weapon up and away remaining above him to help prevent any of her rapid sword movements from raining down on his head and shoulders. He was mixing a guard with a quick attack with a second weapon. Something most weapon users who focused on a single blade were unfamiliar with.

((5))
    Kagura Ezume
    Kagura Ezume

Post by Kagura Ezume Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:12 am

Facing off against two weapons was always something both rare and exciting. While she would never dare try to because simply it would slow down the attacks she had, she knew of the capabilities of someone using a pair of blades was far more dangerous when the person in question was capable of mastering it. Her own blade moved upwards with his parry, up and out of the way for his follow up attack, and used a sliding technique with his knees to swipe at her ankles. A solid attack, certainly, but not so fast that she couldn’t track it and dodge, nimbly lifting off the ground with a short hop while using her forward momentum to jump over the blade and skidding on her heels to a stop, twisting her body as she did so to keep facing him. Sure, it might have looked cooler to do a flip or something fancy, but that would just expose her more than she needed to, something she didn’t feel she could get away with in this spar. He was still just as strong as she was.

He was a bit different now… the timidness was far less of an influence, and she felt how it had been replaced by determination, but that wasn’t what made a tint of sadness paint her heart. It was because that determination had been born out of instinct and fear, the desire to survive built into all living things, and not simply working hard to overcome it and be the natural leader he needed to be. His potential, as far as Kagura was concerned, was far greater than her own and was nothing to scoff at, but it had been painted in a dark color thanks to whatever had happened through that mission. He had given the brunette the bare bones of the story, but there were important details missing she felt like. Now wasn’t the time though… she needed to focus on the fight. Launching back towards him, she began to fire off some quick thrusts, but any attempt to knock her weapon away as more than a deflection would result in the brunette drawing it back close to her body and thrusting again, each time focusing the aim to another part of his torso. The chest and abdomen were usually the easiest to aim for because it was the least able to dodge compared to arms and legs.

[5]
    Tengoku
    Tengoku

Post by Tengoku Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:38 pm

Tengoku would spin as he missed her. She had jumped over his blade and successfully avoided any damage. His torso spun as he flipped himself around to face her. His toes digging in to bring him to a stop as he slid about another half meter before stopping and coming back up to his feet. Just in time to deflect a thrust at his chest. He found himself on the defense with both blade knocking her strikes to the side looking for an opening. He would strike a little harder at her blade and see her recoil back to avoid any success at creating that opening. He would frown as he watched it all moving at him in a pattern. One he could keep up with for two blades. However he couldn't defend like this forever. She was pushing him back and he would eventually trip up on a retreat. So long as this was keeping up she controlled the pace. He had to come up with a counter for this fighting style. Thrust after thrust coming at him as he back peddled and knocked each one to the side. Timing them now as each strike was met with the clack of a wooden sword.

Once he had the timing down suddenly he changed it up. Instead of deflecting a strike he waited for one to the upper torso and stepped in and low. The thrust coming at him as he moved his face to the side and it ripped a hole through his hair. So close to striking him in the face. However he only had a moment to stay within the thrust and if he was going to take advantage of that he would need an attack difficult to defend against at that angle. With his step his body would twist as suddenly he was spinning in a repeated spinning upwards slash with his body rotations speeding up to increase the force of each swipe. Three rotations with two strikes each rising up at her torso. Perhaps she could bring her thrust back fast enough to protect against the first couple of strikes but he was gambling the sudden shift from defense to attack might catch her off guard. He had allowed her to press him back in an effort to get comfortable on the offensive and if she did, well perhaps his sudden offense could throw her off her pattern at least.
    Kagura Ezume
    Kagura Ezume

Post by Kagura Ezume Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:41 pm

He was watching her, she could tell that much... but her reformed strategy was working well, and she was slowly pushing him back, driving him into a corner. She might have been stronger in some ways physically in regards to her speed, but keeping that in check actually made him superior; his senses were ten times anything hers would ever be, she was certain of that. And that meant the harder she pushed him, the more he would try to find a way to get out of the situation and either attack back or get out of the line of fire... but he needed to do it quickly. She hadn't been pushing him back randomly; they were in an enclosed building, and that meant there were walls. You drove someone far enough back, those walls could easily be used to pin you and make you take a hit you would have otherwise evaded. It was a very simple, very basic strategy, but it worked because it was simple. When you tried to introduce complex and on-the-fly plans into a fight between two people that were pretty evenly matched, that was when things got truly difficult for the person pressing the other.

Finally, he reacted, in a way that indeed took her off guard. It reminded her of another Konoha signature Taijutsu technique that involved a sweeping kick that elevated as it went, and overall, it was quite effective; she might have been able to dart in there during a moment of opportunity while his back was turned, but the fact that he had two 'blades' made the timing extremely difficult without tapping into her full speed. She deflected the first strike and then jumped backwards, clearing out of the range of his technique completely to avoid any further contact. This was a shame; she went from having the advantage and pressing him into a position that she wanted to have to completely reset, which effectively made the playing field even again. "Nice technique... something that is only really effective with two blades, but forced a reset. Well played." She finished by offering him a respectful but warm smile. She hadn't been the only one getting stronger, and even in that simple interaction, she was learning something, already mentally mapping out how to implement it and make things more diverse in her own techniques.

[6]
    Tengoku
    Tengoku

Post by Tengoku Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:47 pm

Tengoku would find himself coming up just short of managing to land a blow on her but it created space against her. He would glance over his shoulder as he came to a stop facing her. His silver eyes taking in the distance between him and the wall. Another six seconds at that pace and he would have been in a bad spot. He needed to come up with counters quicker. To find his footing in any terrain and memorize his movement patterns. If he could do that without having to check around himself he could fight better. Already his mind was building a grid of the arena in five foot squares. He would flick one sword in a circle and then the other as she spoke. Complimenting him at being able to force a reset against her assault. His defense with two swords was proving somewhat formidable. He would nod before spinning each blade again. "The weight of these feels lighter. So it doesn't carry as much weight in each blow. That said I would like to try another tactic. I am going off the defensive now. Prepare yourself. please." He would wait for her to acknowledge him before he would begin.

Tengoku would lower himself in what almost appeared to be a runners starting stance. His left foot forward flat on the ground with toes pointed at her. His right foot dug his toes into the mat. His form lowered to about waist level as his profile for hitting became about half the size. His swords would cross in front of him in almost an X pattern but with the tips pointed more forward. Like he might try a stab with it like a pair of scissors. Then suddenly he was bursting to the left and then as his foot hit he was moving to the right. Closing the ground between them fast while suddenly changing from her left to right side and back again. Forcing her to have to remain light on her feet instead of preparing a solid head on defense. After all he could approach from either of her sides. He would fake going left and immediately slam his foot into the ground to dash to her right and then from her right he would attack. Breaking from the pattern at the last second. Both swords stabbing forward and then slashing outwards. Only this time the slashes would shift and come back in a return slash as soon as they made it to her shoulder blade level. Each slash followed with a foot step. Pushing himself on the offensive with a constant repeating slash onslaught continuously pushing into her.
    Kagura Ezume
    Kagura Ezume

Post by Kagura Ezume Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:28 pm

Kagura smirked as he claimed that he wanted to try a different tactic. "Let's see what you got, Sir." It was a basic, but strong, challenge to him. She wanted to see what he was capable of as he climbed up through his power and reached that ceiling. Would he fall back down and despair, or find a way to surprise her yet again? This was the thrill of a good sparring partner, and one thing that she enjoyed about the first time she fought against Tengoku; he was strong, quick and had amazing Sensory abilities, but most of all, he was extremely smart. Not one to simply give up and throw in the towel because Kagura had better strength overall... he would find a way around what she had, and that was what she could learn from.

He dashed forward, using a pattern of redirects to keep her off balance and trying to go in for some quick strikes while combining feints into the mix to try to hide his true intent. It was smart, and in fact, it was the basis for Akari's style that forced someone to react to the 'tells' of an attack based on instinct... but she had fought this exact style so many times it was ridiculous. She had lost to it 80 times... but she never stopped trying, never stopped fighting and pushing. So she saw them coming and began to deflect and parry the blows, only backstepping a little to let the blade slide through the open air in front of her. She already knew that he had more than this he was capable of... feints were good against someone who wasn't familiar with dealing with them. He was pressing forward though; she had to back step occasionally, and she was slowly losing ground as she fended him off.

It was time to change tactics.

She had waited for an opening patiently, and after deflecting the last slash in the set she stepped forward very suddenly, attempting to bring her fist into his gut in a powerful uppercut to the stomach. If it was successful it would knock the wind out of him, but more importantly, it made their blades, both the ones belonging to Kagura and Tengoku both, almost completely useless... and since he was using two blades, that didn't leave him a hand to fight her off with hand to hand. There wasn't any special technique to it or enhanced strength, nothing fancy... just a good, old fashioned gut shot. If she landed it, she would take a moment and back up, giving him a chance to catch his breath.
    Tengoku
    Tengoku

Post by Tengoku Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:39 pm

Tengoku was pressing her. Keeping his breaths in short burst. Each moment between attacks was an inhale and each attack was an exhale. It was a pattern of course but she seemed well versed in defending against it. He wasn't going to get through this way that was becoming increasingly obvious. She was just too fast for him to actually land a solid blow. His silver eyes though kept watching. Waiting for a slip up or an opening. Keeping himself pressing her but cautious of a counter. This was simply to simple of an attack for her not to have a counter. However depending on how she countered he would learn how to deal with such an attack himself. This wasn't just a simple spar but a learning experience. She had clearly more experience with this form of sword onslaught than he did. It would be invaluable for him to see what she did in return. He almost didn't see it coming when she suddenly stepped forward. He didn't have time to do more than barely react. An uppercut into his gut. He shifted his stance as it connected to lessen the force of it but it still hit fairly solid.

Tengoku would gasp as the fist buried into his stomach. It hurt. His mind felt numb from the air being pushed out of him. His grip felt weak on his swords. He couldn't allow himself to simply fade out though. Not to lose here in one solid blow. His hands let go of his swords as if he had been defeated. However suddenly his Hands latched down on her. One under her arm and the other at her wrist. If he succeeded in this he would turn hard and shift his weight. Using his right foot to try and kick hers out from under her he would spin with all his might to try and shoulder throw her into the ground as hard as he could. If any of that landed he would reach behind him to grab his swords and then raise them up to slam both of them tip first down at her torso. He knew the follow up likely wouldn't work unless the throw stunned her but he had to try. If it did at least force her to roll away and gain some distance he would gasp in for air. Remaining low in a crouch with both swords in front of him in reverse grip defensively. Watching her with silver eyes.
    Kagura Ezume
    Kagura Ezume

Post by Kagura Ezume Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:48 am

The pattern in his breathing was interesting to her; the exhalation had always been a way to give just a tiny bit of extra power to any attack. Nothing that really made it overly complicated or anything, but there was usually a reason that the vast majority of powerful moves were usually associated with a strong yell. Kagura had remained calm the entire time, and was surprised when she connected almost completely to the man’s gut with her simple uppercut; his senses were extremely sharp, so he must have been using them in full focus on his own technique not to see hers coming a mile away. Still, he managed to shift and make the blow a little less devastating, which was commendable considering the circumstances. Still, it was enough to force the air out of his lungs and likely stun him, but before she got to take advantage of that she was taken aback by his own counter. She had gotten a little too confident when his had dropped his swords outright, thinking that she would simply hold her sword to his throat and call the match there, but he surprised her by a grapple move.

Eyes wide, she was forcefully shoulder-thrown into the ground, being literally swept off her feet and she felt the air forced from her lungs with the impact. Her instincts took solid hold though and she tucked as she made contact with the ground and curled into a ball, rolling away, sword still in hand as she came up with her own blade drawn towards him, coughing a couple of times as she locked eyes with her opponent. There was no anger there though… she was impressed and glad he was able to pull such a move on her, but she too needed a moment to catch her breath and took a couple of deep, controlled breaths, forcing her lungs not to spasm and cause her to cough through sheer force of will. She recovered relatively quickly and gave him a smirk that was a, sure enough, sign that he had impressed her, a sign of respect. He had so much potential it was staggering, and it was that willpower, the ability to keep looking for a solution even when faced with some overwhelming odds or formidable opponent, that would be his ultimate weapon moving forwards.

“Tired? Feel free to concede…” she said, mostly just trying to get him fired up again for the next round.
    Tengoku
    Tengoku

Post by Tengoku Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:11 pm

Tengoku would gasp for air as she rolled away. He wasn't able to give chase just yet. If he pushed when he was out of breath it could cost him. She was still moving quickly and he didn't know if his throw had any affect on her. Instead he took the moment while she gained some distance to catch his breath. A bead of sweat forming on his brow and dripping down. His stomach ached where she had hit it. However he was used to pain. Both of them were crouched at the end of it as his silver eyes took her in. A flash of electricity flew across his eyes as he smiled. He was enjoying this. He had for the moment forgotten his failures and finding a challenge like this was his focus. Most likely that had been her goal. It would take a second for him to finally feel his breathing return to normal. Boy he sure wished he had worn his flak jacket for this. Still she would speak to him about conceding the match due to being tired and he would grin before making a show of straightening up and rolling his shoulders. Though still not moving his abdomen much to do so.

"After one solid hit? Please. I spent my childhood taking almost daily beatings. I can take it. Can you?"

He would grin and begin to slowly pace in a wide circle around her. Sizing her up and not rushing in just yet. That flicker of lightning arced across his eyes again. Like it was holding within him and just waiting to come out. To burst free. He was taking her in and plotting something. She was quicker than he was so he needed to get creative. She had no issue mixing taijutsu with Kenjutsu it seemed. He grinned as a plan came into his mind. He would fold his arms in front of him so he was holding his swords like they were sheathed at his waist. His arms crossed along his torso. Then suddenly he burst towards her as fast as he could. The floor denting inward where his feet pressed in. He was slamming forward straight at her in a frontal assault again. Only this time when he was just out of her range to step forward and strike him he would slash outwards. Only he too was too far to actually hit her. Only thing was, he didn't hold onto the swords. He released them mid slash and let one fly for her knee's and one fly for her at shoulder level. Both Horizontal. Flinging out like slicing projectiles although they were just wooden sticks. However he pressed forward right behind them. Rising up into the air with his right hand rising up into a fist and his left reaching out to grab her by her shirt. Striking down hard at her face and attempting to grab her and pull her into it at the same time.
    Kagura Ezume
    Kagura Ezume

Post by Kagura Ezume Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:57 pm

Kagura knew that a less experienced individual would have fallen for the trap she had laid; to push forward and seize the ‘opening’ she had left for him would have been punished severely. The body couldn’t operate when the wind was knocked out of it beyond a few scant seconds, so unless you could end the fight right then and there, there was a significant chance that you could black out completely, and even if you managed to stay conscious, your senses would be completely dulled. Fighting in that state was not something most anyone could do, and Kagura would have ensured he had learned his lesson if he had fallen for it, but she was happily proven wrong.

She saw the flash of electricity and smiled a little bit in reply. He was getting excited… his competitive nature that she had conjured last time was beginning to reemerge. This was good too because it felt more intense than last time, meaning that he would be able to get along with the other Shinobi much more easily. He was strong, she had always known that, but his strength did not come from being able to turn mountains to craters… no, it was his mind. He was impressively intelligent, and in combination with his extremely potent senses, he was a shoe-in for being a Jounin teacher in charge of others.

His comment made her chuckle lightly. “I’ve been getting a beating from none other than the Hokage for the past month several times a day. I think I’m quite a bit tougher than you recall.”

Then he began to move, and she pivoted into her stance once again; she had caught her breath already… but she wanted to see what he would do in this situation. He charged, throwing his swords at her in a slashing motion that worked well as a distraction for certain. She had to take a moment to bat both of them, sending them away from the fight entirely, and that meant that he was able to get a good fistful of her shirt, and had a massive fist swinging towards her face. She didn’t have time to do what she normally would have in this situation, being to dodge her head out of the way; his distraction had proved very effective, even if it was sort of a hail-mary. If this didn’t work out in his favor, he would be disarmed against someone who still had their sword in hand.

She was limited on options, so she decided she could at least mitigate the damage as best she could while giving some of her own. She thrust her head forward while tilting it down, not letting him get the full momentum for his punch and meeting those knuckles with the toughest part of the front of her skull, and drove her sword upwards at the same time, planting it firmly on the bottom side of his chin where normally the pointed end would be on any other blade, stopping just short of causing real damage. Even so, her vision swam… she might have had a concussion, but she certainly had her bell rung. “Gonna call it there…” she stated, relaxing a bit and taking a step back, and then falling on her butt. It was a lot better than getting punched in the face, sure, but it had the drawback of knocking her senses loose. She held her head for a moment, blinking several times.

“That was a good move… but you need to make sure you disarm your opponent to make it perfect, or at least control their arms direction. You left mine completely available to me… and that was a heck of a hit. I'm gonna have to take a break, but you are more than welcome to keep training Sir.” She gave him a smile, meaning every word.
    Tengoku
    Tengoku

Post by Tengoku Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:26 pm

He had found his tactic worth while. He had thrown both swords and it took her too much time to knock both away, She didn't have time to stop him. He got the hold on her shirt and pulled himself into the hit. He had sacrificed his weapons so he had to make this count. His fist thrust forward with everything he had to capitalize on the moment only for her to see it and lower her forehead. His knuckles hit the solid bone with a loud crack. His hand hurt bad from the counter but he hit her hard enough he likely jolted her brain. He was about to follow up when his eyes picked up her sword coming up right for his chin. He had to push off with the hand on her shirt to avoid a direct hit but it still grazed his chin painfully. He landed back on his feet with a smile before taking a step forward as she fell back. Only as soon as he stepped his head swam and he dropped to one knee with his mind swimming in disarray. She had barely clipped him but that was enough to rattle his brain.

He would hear her state she was calling it through a haze. It was hard not to throw up. If someone landed this kind of blow on him mid battle he would be in for a world of hurt. He couldn't defend well like this. Not with his perception dulled. His body numb. He would take a breath to steady himself and try to rise up to his feet only to fall back on his butt. She would lecture him lightly on the need to make sure to control her weapon if he wants to try that kind of move and he couldn't disagree with her. A foot slammed into her wrist would have saved him this discomfort. He reached up with his right hand and rubbed his jaw. It was wet? He pulled his hand away and saw a small amount of blood. She had hit him hard enough to make his mouth bleed even with him evading the majority of the hit? Crazy. Still he scoffed as she mentioned him continuing to train and moved into a cross legged position. Wiping the blood from his lips a moment before smiling through bloodied teeth.

"Yeah right, if I could stand up right now the most I could do would be to collect my swords. You're counter strike is no joke. Maybe we should have something brought up from the kitchens?"
    Kagura Ezume
    Kagura Ezume

Post by Kagura Ezume Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:21 pm

Kagura blinked, noting how dazed that Tengoku seemed to be. She had stopped short, or thought she had, but it was hard to honestly say considering how hard he had hit her skull directly. Her vision was slowly starting to clear up now, and she was feeling much better, but it was going to take some time, but the fact that he was bleeding had just registered. She didn’t know any Iijutsu, so she wasn’t entirely sure she could do much to help, but she was still concerned. “Are you alright, Sir? I can call up the medical team, there’s one on standby on the first floor just in case.” She wanted to give him the option; not everyone liked the idea of someone healing them, and making an assumption was a good way to upset someone you didn’t want to. His bloody smile didn’t deter her in the slightest.

Apparently he was as shaken up as she was… odd. Perhaps there was a technique to be trained there. The idea of something brought up from the kitchens sounded amazing right now though.

“Absolutely. Just make sure they bring lots of water too.” She then leaned back a little bit and closed her eyes for a moment, steadying herself and trying to get her mind to stop swimming inside her skull a bit more. Leaning back forward, she gave him a smile. “I truly enjoy sparring with you Sir. Every time I learn something new, and you never fail to surprise me. The Village is lucky to have you.” It was about that moment that her eyes caught something in the distance, and she redirected her gaze upwards to spot what looked like a bird made out of ice. There’s only one person who would send something like that into the training grounds, her Mentor the Hokage. With a deep breath, Kagura let out a sigh.

“Unfortunately it looks like anything further will need a raincheck Sir. I am being summoned by the Hokage.” Standing up, she dusted herself off a little bit and then bowed towards him deeply, smiling and maintaining eye contact. “Until next time. I look forward to it, Sir. Fair Well.” She wanted to run, as per normal, but didn’t trust her sense of balance. She would pause long enough to get his swords back to him and collecting her own belongings, with a final smile and a wave, she stepped out of the door and began walking towards her final destination.

[EXIT]
    Tengoku
    Tengoku

Post by Tengoku Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:34 pm

Tengoku would idly wonder if her question about the medics was some sort of jest to his pride. Did he look like he needed one perhaps? Sure his jaw and head hurt a little but beyond that it wasn't to worst beating he had ever encountered. Certainly one of the worst from a single hit, Excluding the one that nearly took his eye anyway. He would smile as he took it as a jest before shaking his head. She would mention bringing back lots of water and he would idly wave a hand at her. "Sure sure." he would idly comment as he gathered himself to his feat. She would mention how sparring with him was always an experience where she learned something new. He would feel his cheeks flare up with heat and turn his face away. After all he wasn't one for taking compliments well. Still he would nod a little before muttering something along the lines of same to you. He didn't really know how to handle the situation so that was the best he had for now. Still it was progress. He felt his stomach rumble a moment before he knew he needed to eat. Boy was he hungry.

She would pause a moment as she looked up. His silver gaze followed hers a moment before he would frown. That bird was very unnatural. It had to be someones creation. She confirmed this a moment later as she sighed and said the Hokage was summoning her. She would mention a rain-check and quickly gathered herself. Even bringing his swords to a confused and blinking Tengoku. Then she was off and he was left there blinking at the suddenness of it all. "Yeah a uh...rain check." He said to an already faded version of the woman he had been sparring before. He understood the urgency though and would strap his swords back to his waist slowly. His stomach rumbling as if to remind him he had taken a pretty big hit a moment ago there and he was hungry still. His silver eyes still watched her go before she was finally out of sight and he would begin to slowly move towards the exit himself in search of a good hearty meal. He was hungry after all. So much energy spent on just fighting her. She had grown impossibly quickly in a short time span and he was struggling to keep up.

exit thread

11 posts

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am